Sunday, March 20, 2005

*gratitude* March 20, 2005



I was inspired about 6 or7 years ago to keep a Gratitude Journal, a daily list of at least 5 things that I am thankful for. I think I need to remind myself of this again, it seems like life and stress and fear get in the way sometimes and I forget that I love my life...so in no particular order...

1. Julian loves to wake up, get a cup of soy milk, and snuggle with me on the couch for about 20 minutes every morning, letting me get a few more precious minutes of shut eye, while he watches spanish "winnie the pooh"

2. Annabelle asking me to look at one of "your big picture books, mama" (scrapbook) She always chooses the one about her. Such a cutie, she asks about every picture, wanting to know if it is her or Julian, where we were, who we were with. The funny thing is that she knows everything about every picture, she's looked at this book so many times, but its almost reassuring to her, that these memories are hers as well. That she's had 3 birthday parties, that she's been to California, that she has family that loves her so so so much...

3. Heading to the market for fresh cut bright pink gerbera daisies...my favorite. (Dustin wanted to go for me, as his resolution is to buy more flowers for me, but I cherish my alone time at the market...plus, i need the perfect flowers, because I have a photo shoot planned with Annabelle later today...)

4. my super duper Canon DRebel...I love that thing

5. Cleaning house while my kids nap, doors and windows open, Coldplay blaring from the stereo and taking a break with a peanut butter sandwich to admire my handiwork...

6. *bonus* It's Sunday...our night to take the kiddos to the Jardin for ice cream!!!

2 Comments:

At 3/22/2005 6:18 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Did you shoot the photo of the pink gerberas in the vase? It's beautiful.

Love, V

 
At 3/22/2005 9:08 PM, Blogger mindi11 said...

No, I wish I could take credit for it. before I bought my flowers I was wanting a pic. of gerbera daisies so badly, so I googled it and posted it here. Aren't they beautiful? They're my absolute favorites. They were my wedding flowers, you know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home