Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Flower girl duties



Annabelle Posted by Picasa

So I've been talking to Bella about the wedding. She doesn't quite "get" marriage yet, but we're working on it. Here's a couple of conversations we've had today.

M So, Bella, did you know A and S are getting married?
B Yeah, why?
M Why?
B Yeah. I wanted to marry Salomon
M You did?
B Yeah (with a disappointed look on her face)
M Well, A is going to marry S. They love eachother and...
B Oh well. It's okay. I guess Amy can marry him if she wants to...

So tonight we're talking about her being a flower girl

M Bella, do you know that A and S want you to be a flower girl at their wedding?
B Yeah, why? (this is how she initially answers EVERY question asked)
M Well, they think you would be beautiful and you would do a great job for them.
B Yeah, why?
M Well, you would wear a pretty dress and carry a basket full of flowers, and walk in front of them and drop flowers for A to walk on.
B Why does she walk on them?
M Well, I don't know. Don't you think it would be sweet to walk on pretty flowers?
B No. It would hurt them.
M Well, I think they would be okay. Do you think you could be a flower girl?
B Yeah. (eyes light up) AND THEN!!! Salomon would give me a necklace!!
M A necklace? Why would he do that?
B Because, Mama, when they have weddings, and they step on my flowers, they have to give me a necklace. He will say, "Bella you are my girlfriend."

I like the way this girl thinks :) I wonder if I will get a necklace too?

7 Comments:

At 9/07/2005 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/07/2005 11:50 PM, Blogger Eff Off said...

LOL! That is so cute. Our friend's 5 year old daughter wants to marry my fiance. I told her that I was older and she had more time to find a new "prince" and that I was getting old and really needed her to let me have this one.

After some pleading, painting her nails pink, and a chocolate chip cookie, she finally agreed to let me marry Chris. :) Gotta love kids!

 
At 9/08/2005 10:37 AM, Blogger The Gallaghers said...

HILARIOUS....ADORABLE!

 
At 9/08/2005 10:39 AM, Blogger The Beyer Family said...

hehehe ... she's got a good head on her shoulders! :) My niece keeps saying she's going to marry her daddy. When I explained that her daddy is already married and that one day she will meet someone other than her daddy that she'll want to marry, she burst into tears and told me I was lying and she was going to TELL her daddy what I said. Hmmm .... I'm in trouble now!

 
At 9/08/2005 12:12 PM, Blogger deby said...

How I love your blog! Thanks for day brightener...............

 
At 9/08/2005 2:15 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Very cute and sweet.

 
At 9/10/2005 7:15 AM, Blogger amazing grace said...

as always....another adorable bella story! :) so cute!

btw---i love your banner! have you had it there for awhile?? just noticed it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home