Monday, March 28, 2005

chocolate bunnies and sugar meltdowns...

Easter has come and gone. We started the morning pretty laid back, bowl of oatmeal for each of us...no sugar yet, it's too early and we (dustin and I ) stayed up too late the night before to deal with hyper kids.
Julian naps and after he wakes up, we eat tuna sandwiches. Julian loves tuna sandwiches, but he just nibbles around the edges...he smells the chocolate in the air...
I get Dustin to clean the kitchen, so when I take pictures we don't see dishes and dirty floors. Then I give the kids the bunnies. Julian eats the box for about 4 minutes before I get it open.

Bella waits as patiently as possible, but she's had these before, she knows the delicacy she's about to devour and hops from one foot to the other while I open hers...
They're in heaven. Bella delicately bites her bunny, savoring each chocolate morsel...knowing that when it's gone, it's gone. She shares a bite or two with me, she loves to let 0thers in on the fun.

Julian is devouring his. He's a rookie, and doesn't realize that he should enjoy each bite, because there are no seconds being given on this thing. Julian's is covered in drool, spit and snot. He tries to share with me, but I get grossed out easily. I politely take a tiny bite, wipe the spit off of it and swallow, trying to ignore the slimey chocolate sliding down my throat, or rather, what is on it to make it slimey...

After the bunnies are gone, Juju has a minor meltdown, he wants more...he ate the whole thing (although it was rather small) in under 7 minutes, and insists on more chocolate...his second nap will be coming soon.

Bella goes outside to play with friends and at one point I no longer see her. I ask Andres where she went and he pointed to her friend, Enrique's house. The house of sugar, as I call it. She comes back with something chocolate in her mouth and a handful of candy. I ask her to come inside. I need her to take a nap first, and then she can have one more candy. The tantrum begins...flailing arms and legs, shouting, convulsions...it was tough. In the end, I won and naps were taken. No candy was distributed after nap time...I was not up for "Round 2".

The nap went on forever, and it was too dark to hunt for easter eggs, so we just have them for dinner, along with some BBQ chicken, broccoli, and potatoes...we have to flush out the bad stuff with good stuff. Bella eats 3 helpings of broccoli. Detox begins...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home