Sunday, March 27, 2005

*gratitude* March 26, 2005

1. watching my little girl play hide n seek with the kids tonight. It's amazing how she can't speak the language, but she didn't need to know Spanish to know how to play...childish games are so awesome like that. Anybody can play...

2. Celebrating small victories with my husband tonight. We went to a restaurant (rarely do that with the kids) and shared a very strange tasting hamburger and a bottle of Fanta...

3. Talking to my mama on the phone, discussing plans for tattoos and nose rings...someday...she's such a cool woman.

4. Discovering my Aunt's blog today. She's always been one of my favorite writers, ever since I started reading her annual Christmas letter from Canada, and now I can read her stuff all the time...fun times.

5. seeing that 4 random strangers commented on my blog today. I was so surprised/embarrassed/and honored all at the same time, that somebody would find my simple little life somewhat entertaining. I was walking on air all day...just ask Dustin!

3 Comments:

At 3/28/2005 6:20 AM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Nice to know you liked my Christmas letters. It is a lovely tradition. I quit sending them down south because no one responded or commented on them. In my huge insecurities, I imagined everyone saying "she's so stupid". I tend to fill in blanks with negativity.

Weird eh?

Love, v

 
At 3/29/2005 10:57 PM, Blogger mindi11 said...

I loved the Christmas letters. I am sure that I responded to some when I was younger, Mom and I always looked so foward to reading them.
When I was married, I wrote 3 Christmas letters, 3 years in a row, and never sent them out. My mom kept encouraging me to, but I felt a little inadequate, like nobody would be too interested anyway. Now I love blogging, my family can read it if they want, but no pressure on my end, know what I mean? If you still write your Christmas letters, I would love to receive them. I will have a new address for you in a few months!

 
At 3/30/2005 12:50 AM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

I wasn't joking. I haven't written one in 2 years. I was utterly humiliated when no family member responded. I thought they surely thought I was out of my mind. So I stopped. I may start back and just send one to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home