Friday, November 10, 2006

my birthday!!!

so yes, today is my birthday. it was an average thursday, since Dustin had to work and my little birthday party planner (aka Annabelle) is in Arkansas visiting the family. julian and i had a fabulous day, although it pretty much revolved around him.

we spent the morning at mcdonald's, and i indulged in a cinnamon roll AND a sausage biscuit...horrible, right? don't judge me, it's my birthday. ;) then julian ran around the play area for a bit, but got bored quickly as:
a. bella wasn't there
b. most (sane) mothers don't take their babies to mcdonald's playland at 9am.

so we went home....where we found that dustin had locked the door before leaving for work. we headed to the office for a spare key, and julian found a large inviting bowl of halloween candy. he said, "ooooohhhhh! trick or treat!" and promptly grabbed a chubby little handful. i put them all back except for one roll of smarties (his fave).

we cuddled and watched a cartoon.
julian rocked out on his little keyboard.
we took a nap, and julian cooperated really well today, which made me happy.

we headed out to get a haircut (for julian, he really was starting to look like a shaggy puppy) and it's a BIG boy haircut. he loves it and admires himself so proudly in the mirror. and his favorite part (because he HATES the process of getting a haircut) was when she put a little gel in his hair and used the hair dryer on it. he thought it was a cool "tool".

then, we stocked up on some goodies and headed to the dollar theater, where we ate entirely too much junk food (popcorn and gummy bears for juju, milk duds and a root beer from sonic for me) we watched *most* of "Barnyard" and it was really hilarious. but about 15-20 minutes before it was over, the gummy bears really kicked in, julian was crawling under the seats, and with threats of taking him home, julian finally said, "mama, i wanna go home. please?" so we did.

i came home to SO many sweet birthday wishes online, and several phone calls. i don't care to talk on the phone very often, but i LOVE talking on the phone on my birthday. i spent the better part of 6 hours on the phone tonight talking to friends and family and i feel so happy and refreshed after getting to talk to people i love.

dustin brought me another root beer from sonic and since he has tomorrow free, we are making plans for tomorrow night. i'm excited and i'm even more excited to see my little annabelle this weekend. we miss her so much. dustin has been walking from room to room like a mama dog that can't find her puppies. it's really funny/sad at the same time. julian talks to her so eagerly every day and asks about 50 times a day if we can go to poppy and tata's house and see bella.

so anyways...that about wraps up my birthday! thanks so much to everybody for thinking about me today, i really felt so so special.

tomorrow: pictures of the juju man's new do...and maybe a funny story about dustin's near death experience with a rabid killer possum...

4 Comments:

At 11/10/2006 6:31 AM, Blogger Marcia (123 blog) said...

Wow - I'm commenter no. 1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear MINDI
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Sounds like you had an awesome day filled with love.

My prayer is that this year will be your best yet.

lots of love
XXX

 
At 11/11/2006 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET THING! :)

 
At 11/11/2006 4:35 PM, Blogger Misty said...

hgjghjgkh

 
At 11/12/2006 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday late! I woke up Thursday morning thinking about you and Paul and Ash. I called Ash, but didn't have your phone #. And now I'm wishing that I had your address, but posting is just not as good as a card. But, I love you and am soooo glad you were born. I posted on your mom's and I'll tell you that I think you are one of the most influential people in my life. During very confusing times of my life, I had you to turn to. You are a God send. He has put an amazing heart in you. You are a treasure and I hope you receive many in return for your birthday! Happy 27th!
Love you!
Mika

oh - did you get my e-mail? I hope so, call me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home