Sunday, April 10, 2005

Anchorman


One more mariachi band...the "hipsters" is what I nicknamed these guys, much younger and cooler in their light colored suits and shades. Posted by Hello


I don't know if any of you have seen "Anchorman" with Will Ferrell. Everybody that I have talked to about it hated it, but Dustin and I have probably watched it 5 or 6 times since we've been in Mexico. We're big Will Ferrell fans, and while it was pretty stupid, it was pretty hilarious as well.

Anyways, remember the scene where all the news teams meet in the alley to "rumble"? You had the top 2 news teams about to fight, and #3 shows up? And then the PBS type news team arrives, in corduory jackets, smoking pipes. And then Ben Stiller leads the "Latin News Team" into the rumble, complete with hissing maracas and a threatening, "como estan, beeches?"

I thought of that scene as I observed the mariachi bands today. There was the "popular" band, and the "grandpas" band, and the "hipsters" band, and the "falling asleep on the park bench" band. I entertained myself for half an hour, with thoughts of them rumbling in the streets, fighting for top spot in the tourist strip...fun days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home