Sunday, April 10, 2005

my fun filled afternoon


rockin mariachi band Posted by Hello

I've been complaining to Dustin that I haven't had any time to go (alone) around the city and take pictures. Well, today I got some free time, and I'm going to share the sights. The center of town was rockin today, with at least 5 mariachi bands. They were taking turns, serenading the couples with fun and festive tunes. A group of young (possibly drunk) people yelled along with the songs. I felt a little left out as I swayed to the music. Was there a songbook somewhere, so I could learn these songs too? I wanted to yell and joke with the mariachi guys, but I resorted to photographing them.

I love mariachi bands. I love how they take the time to get all decked out for their audience. I love how you can tell which man belongs with which band, by the style of his suit, and especially the silver buckles that run up the sides of his legs. I love how the ages of the men can range from 10 years old to 70 years old. I love when they slick their hair back. I love how they always have such a joyful attitude, that just draws you in and has you digging for pesos to give them, because they are the most talented and fun entertainment you've seen all day.

1 Comments:

At 11/30/2006 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
» » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home