Saturday, April 09, 2005

*gratitude* April 8, 2005


Dustin Posted by Hello

1. playing Lion King with the kids outside. I was the lion and I chased the kids around the yard. Poor Julian, he was eaten so many times.

2. I went grocery shopping tonight with Juju. When I got home, Bella looked through the goods, found a bag of tostada shells, and said, "Mama, why did you buy these? I don't need these. Why don't you take them back to the store?"

3. Annabelle is finally playing with her Little People House. She solved the dilemma of not having a barn for her animals to play in, by moving the Little People out of the house, and moving the animals in. She said, "I put the zebras in the bedroom, the chicken at the kitchen table, the rhino in the computer room (office), and the car in the washing machine!" Have I mentioned that she is brilliant?

4. After a particularly trying (sick) day with Dustin and the kids, the rugrats are in bed, I am blogging, and Dustin takes my hand, and dances with me to Norah Jones. It stopped being romantic shortly after when he stepped on my bare feet, and then wrapped his leg around my waist as though I were a stripper pole...romance is very brief around this house, but humor is abundant.

5. It is 12:58 a.m. and Dustin comes to me at the computer and says, "Let's watch a movie and then go to bed early tonight." While it sounds funny, it would actually be a true statement, as anytime before 3am is early around here lately.

3 Comments:

At 4/09/2005 1:32 AM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Beautiful, once again.

 
At 4/09/2005 1:43 AM, Blogger ... said...

i love your blog. your writing is so readable, your photos are gorgeous, and your family sounds great- i'm envious. i'm a toronto hipster with lots of free time, some disposable income, and no major commitments-- but i think your life would make me happier. i feel sunnier just from reading it.
cheers, nic

 
At 4/09/2005 1:46 AM, Blogger Wino McHackenpuke said...

This is a really good site. It's so much like mine, in fact, that it's scary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home