Wednesday, June 29, 2005

poor julian


poor julian...

he busted his lip on the glass coffee table today while chasing my sister around the living room. trying to have some good clean fun and he ends up bleeding and crying, but not wanting to be held because he is still trying to chase amy...

then his hair starts driving me crazy, so i brush his bangs straight while he is in the high chair, pick up a pair of scissors to just snip a little and he freaks out, so i end up making one diagonal cut across the front of his bangs, giving his hair a major hack job...but it does the trick for now. (dustin is making fun of it terribly, but he does look really cute...in a "jim carrey from dumb and dumber" kind of way)....

finally, anybody have any magic tricks for curing a "biter"? yes, my kid is a biter. and a ferocious one at that. it usually starts out innocently enough, as a slobbery kiss...and turns into one large chunk of flesh being clamped down upon until i can wedge one of my fingers in between his razor sharp teeth to pry them off of his victim... Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

At 6/29/2005 2:01 AM, Blogger deby said...

those eyes are a window to his soul! No wonder the girls are already fallin for him!

When Adam was two, he fell against the coffee table. It left a dent in his left cheek, which turned out looking like a dimple. We always told him we were going to knock the other cheek for a match.

 
At 6/29/2005 9:32 AM, Blogger The Beyer Family said...

Since I don't have kids I can't confirm this information, but I have heard "biting back" is helpful. Although I think I would have a hard time biting my kid ... if I had one. :)

Heather

 
At 6/29/2005 11:39 AM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

I flicked my kids' teeth with my finger (you know, the thumb and middle finger flick). It worked after a couple of times, (but was kind of embarrassing when the kids screamed out in public, "no mom, please, not the finger flick." :-) )Come to think of it, I think I learned that flicking trick on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home