Sunday, July 30, 2006

interesting tidbits floating around in my head:

*juju turned himself into a human piggy bank today, by swallowing a penny. annabelle came screaming about it in the living room...apparently it was HER penny. Julian just patted his throat and said, "Mmm, i got money!"

*i had just taken a load of laundry out of the dryer and set it on the couch. i went back to the kitchen to wash dishes and when i went to fold the laundry (all towels and wash cloths) they had all been very carefully folded by bella. she is such a sweet helper.

*everytime julian comes to me for something, he says, "ok. thank you. okay. bye mama. see ya later!"

*julian bit annabelle hard on her chest (right above her little chi chi) she came screaming to me, and after she calmed down, she asked to be taken to see dr. finck. after every crisis, annabelle asks to be rushed to see dr. finck. this kid is getting desperate for candy.

* i'm not a huge fan of the cartoon "Rugrats". I enjoyed watching it occasionally as a teenager, but now that I have kids, i'm not a fan. however, when we were moving, the only vhs tape that we had was a Rugrats tape, and since the VCR was all we had to use, the kids watched a lot of Rugrats. It has quickly become one of Julian's FAVORITE shows to watch and he asks everyday to watch Rugrats. Anyways, there is one part of the Rugrats movie, where Tommy is about to get a baby brother, and this little girl sings a song at the baby shower that goes something like this, "A baby is a gift, a gift from a Bob, a baby is a gift from a Bob, Bob, Bob" (Bob is their misunderstanding of the word, God)
At the grocery store today, my kids sang this song, at the top of their little lungs during the ENTIRE trip. It got a little loud, but it was much better than chasing them around the store while looking for the best strawberries.

*2 of my favorite words to hear julian say, "disgusting" and "delicious". (of course, they sound nothing like that to the untrained ear.) fortunately julian has deemed most of my cooking "deishish".

*yesterday annabelle came to me and asked for a piece of paper. then she needed a pen. then she needed "three, no four would be better" pieces of scotch tape. finally i went into her bedroom to have her pick up her toys, and saw that she had drawn a picture and hung it (with tape) beside her bed. she said, "Momma, it's a picture of me and juju and we're holding hands. now i can see it everytime i wake up."

*a few days ago, it was raining really hard and Luther ran outside. i called him to come in over and over and finally gave up and went to lay back down for another 45 minutes. i woke up to him scratching ferociously on the front door, covered in rain and mud from being outside. he is NOT an outside dog. he glared at me as he shook the water from his fur and disappeared for his first nap of the day. i walked into my bedroom to find him curled up (still wet) in a ball on my pillow and comforter. we had words.

7 Comments:

At 7/31/2006 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny stories, awesome photo.

 
At 7/31/2006 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love daily humor....some people have to work to feel accomlishment, I just need a dose of kids and dogs!
When Maddie gets wet she rubs on the side of the couch. Thank you Maddie.

 
At 7/31/2006 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's Marleen, I forgot to sign!

 
At 7/31/2006 9:22 AM, Blogger Kara said...

I hear ya. Yeah, I could eat it all the time. Anytime we go out, Micah's like, 'So, where do you want to eat?' and of course, it's something BBQ, and if it's not, I try to find something BBQ on the menu.:) So yeah, I'm there with you. Feeling good. We are 18 weeks now. You? How are you feeling?

 
At 7/31/2006 7:09 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

funny stories.

 
At 7/31/2006 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mindi,
I am friends with Susan (Suzy Q Brew). I found you through her site. I love your photos. Where do you live? I was wondering if there is any possibility that I could take you up on your current special. I am in Hot Springs.
Thanks,
betsy

 
At 8/20/2006 9:54 AM, Blogger StePHen said...

awww. these are the stories of a good life. i love this. i love you picture. you're so gorgeous...

ps. don't kill luther!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home