Thursday, November 16, 2006

baby stuff...


i kind of love this. i looked at it in our target at home and it's so much cuter in person than online. it's green and chocolate brown, which i love, and i think it's great because if baby #3 doesn't cooperate at our next ultrasound, this bedding isn't too feminine/masculine to be used for either gender. i always love the "Amy Coe" nursery line at Target, and it's so affordable.

they have another line that is pink and chocolate brown that has butterflies instead of elephants, but you know, i think dustin wouldn't be too happy if we had a baby boy in a pink butterfly bed. he used to think i was so strange when i would dress julian in annabelle's old girly pajamas. it's not like anybody is going to be judging juju's masculinity at bedtime, so i don't think the pink dora nightgown did anybody any harm....now his obsession with wearing annabelle's red dress shoes and flowery bathing suits...that's a little weird.

so i'm approximately 35 1/2 weeks. my dr. goes out of town thanksgiving week, so i've been forbidden to go into labor too early, but he also goes out of town during the week of my due date, so i've been forbidden to go late as well. i think we may schedule an induction around the week of Dec. 8th, because as much as i hate pitocin, i hate the thought of going into labor and my husband not making it here in time (he's over 9 hours away right now). i can always see the on-call doctor, but i prefer not to contract out the husband position. :)

i'm having a pretty hard time this week. i've never had problems with swelling before, but my feet look horrible. i was concerned (although my dr. told me not to be) because i feel like i have arthritis in all of my joints. every joint that could hurt, does. and not just in an achey way, but in a "could my ankles/knees/wrists/elbows/toes/fingers be broken???" kind of way. has anybody else ever felt like this during pregnancy? i am a pretty tough girl, so i know i'm not just wimping out, but i'm at a point where i want to be medicated, even if it causes the baby to come out with three eyeballs or something.

this morning, i was having a particularly hard time, with julian getting into things and me not being able to do anything about it because i couldn't walk. i finally just burst into tears (i'm a tough girl, but i am pretty emotional 24/7). annabelle ran to me, and in the most nurturing way, started patting my arm and saying, "don't cry. poor mama." which caused julian to stop his tyrant ways long enough to administer some sympathy of his own. "poor mama...juju's here...juju's here."

annabelle took my hand and said ever so sincerely, "mama, if i was a grown up and my legs felt brokened, i'm sure i would do the same thing. i'm sure i would be cryin too."
yeah...she got a cookie at lunchtime for that one.

8 Comments:

At 11/16/2006 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mindi, those kids are sooooo sweet. I am so moved by their swwetness. You poor thing, hurting all over and all. Good thing you have such comforting kiddos. Surely it helps when they rub you and whisper consoling words. Looking forward to seeing you. Valerie

 
At 11/16/2006 9:01 PM, Blogger Katy said...

aww Mindi, what a sweet thought.
Hang in there sweetie! You'll make it.
I think I cried from week 35-42 just from the sheer misery of it all.
I wish I was closer, I'd pop over and rub those aching joints, or make some tea, or corral the tyrant. ;)
Praying for you and sending lots of sweet thoughts your way.

 
At 11/16/2006 10:27 PM, Blogger Marie said...

i felt the same thing-i never in a million years thought that my ankles would look the way they did prepregnancy ever again-i figured i would just have a bunch of elephant skin hanging around (but don't worry, they did :)
as much as you can, put your feet up and just chant
almost there. almost there...

 
At 11/17/2006 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going through the same thing, which helps to know I'm not the only one. I have joint/ligament pain I guess from stretching, ect. I never had it with Haven, which is weird, but I'm glad that it isn't anything to worry about. It helps to have your sweet, sympathetic kids to encourage you and comfort you.:) I love the bedding. I was going to do that one for their room, but decided not to...I am doing those colors, so I'm excited. I haven't gotten anything ready as of yet, but I am going to get on that in a few weeks.....anyway, I pray that you will have some much needed relief soon and your hubby and DR. will both be in town.

 
At 11/17/2006 1:05 PM, Blogger Marcia (123 blog) said...

That bedding is just beautiful!!!

I can't wait for the new baby to be born.

Just take it easy - at least your kids are considerate. What sweeties!!!

 
At 11/17/2006 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mindi, we have that bedding for Clara's room...it looks really good, i love the dark brown with the lighter green...and i like elephants too, so we sorta went with it even though i chose it more for the colors...sorry about your pain, and i hope you deliver right on time!-- jess newcomb

 
At 11/18/2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

oh, my heart just goes out to you, you poor thing. The end is just so darn hard, especially if you can't get around to keep up with the kiddos. I wish I was closer, I'd love to take care of those scrumptious chiddren of yours.

Your baby will be grateful in the end that this "third eyeball side effect" medicine doesn't exist, sad though you may be.

 
At 11/24/2006 11:11 PM, Blogger Susie said...

That bedding is gorgeous, Mindi! Too bad we already have neutral baby stuff, I would have to whine and stuff to my dh to get it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home