Monday, May 02, 2005

10 stupid things I did as a kid


me and ben, new years eve 2004/2005 Posted by Hello

1. Me and my cousin Ben stole my uncles camera, and took pictures of eachother (along with CJ and Misty and all of our stuffed animals) with fingers up our nose, crossing our eyes, sticking out our tongues...i still have some of them, they're hilarious. We thought we'd never get caught...who knew they would actually have the film developed?? :)

2. I mismatched and double layered my socks in 5th and 6th grade...i was way cool. I also tight rolled my jeans.

3. I used to walk in the rain and try to make myself cry so I could feel dramatic, like I had just broken up with a boyfriend or something (i was like 10) I also used to sing and act out music videos.

4. Shaved 2 slashes in my eyebrows to look like Kris Kross.

5. when we used to stay home alone during the day in the summer, we would hide from every person that came to the door...the terminex man, the avon lady (even though we knew her as mom's friend), we watched entirely too many episodes of "Unsolved Mysteries" and just knew that every person that came to the door wanted to take us away in their huge white van with tinted windows...

6. Jumped off my cousins barn onto a "mattress" with no padding, just rusty metal springs.
We were pretending to be stunt men.

7. Used to chase my brother outside with a kitchen knife, with no intentions of hurting him, I just thought it would be funny. (and get my point across, that I wanted to be left alone)

8. Put "puff paint" over all of my t-shirts.

9. Once told my mother (about 4 years old) to "open this stupid damn door" when she was in the bathroom...never again...

10. cut my cabbage patch doll's hair, thinking it would grow back if I didn't like it.

*bonus* 11. at slumber parties we used to play chug-a-lug with dr. pepper, snort pixie sticks, make up dance routines to paula abdul and Bangles songs, made really corny prank phone calls, froze eachothers underwear, planned fake kidnappings by my cousin Ben at EVERY slumber party hosted at my house, and surprisingly, we scared every girl, every time ...we were the queens of stupidity.

4 Comments:

At 5/02/2005 2:38 AM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

These are very cute. I too use to work up a cry to be dramatic. One that I remember doing probably tells a huge amount about me. I'm sort of embarrassed by it, but hey, if you can share your stupid stuff, so can I. I use to pretend that I ran away from my life, just dropped out. Years later, (now in my pretend world) I worked for the government in the missing person's department. Well, wouldn't you know, my long lost love, came and filed a missing person's report on ME to ME. I cried. :-)

 
At 5/02/2005 10:10 AM, Blogger amazing grace said...

I, too, was a fellow double-sock layering, jean tight-roller...and had punk rocky hair....SO COOL!!!

and of course, I had to wear about 100 jelly bracelets for the icing on the cake!

Ooohh, the 80's....good stuff!

 
At 5/03/2005 1:25 AM, Blogger mindi11 said...

Valerie, you so understand me. I had a thousand stories playing in my head while i was crying in the rain, but it usually always revolved around boys. :)

Tenika, this has been one of my favorite "blog memes" ever, thanks for starting this stuff!

Oh jelly bracelets...good times! I used to chew on them and wrap them around my teeth like it was a retainer, I wanted braces so badly...and then i got them. :( stupid idea.

oh, and Mom...this is the first time i wrote a blog entry without thinking "what will my mom think if she reads this?" my mistake. :) trust me, CJ deserved every pounding he got from me! :)

 
At 5/03/2005 7:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Mindi, I didn't know you had braces. All these times admiring your naturally beautiful teeth, I marvelled at their beauty. Of course they are still beautiful, I just didn't realize they were "fixed". You must have got braces after I moved away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home