Thursday, May 19, 2005

bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils


daisies Posted by Hello

You've Got Mail is one of my favorite movies. I have watched it OVER and OVER. When Dustin is out of town, I play that movie on repeat while I clean house, make dinner, scrapbook. It's like an old friend to me.

There is a scene where Tom Hanks character (Joe Fox) brings Meg Ryan's character (Kathleen Kelley) a bouquet of fresh white daisies wrapped in newspaper. I love it. Dustin brought me that bouquet while we were dating, and out of all the roses and lilies and gerberas, those were my favorite...because of the strong connection to the movie.

These were the flowers he brought home last night (my "flower of the week" bouquet :) he never used to be a flower guy, i love it!) They were wrapped in newspaper, and just like in the movie, he found a vase, cleaned it and filled it with water, cut the flowers to size and placed them on my kitchen table. And every time I walk into the kitchen, I just feel good. They "smile" at me.

The only thing better than a bouquet of fresh white daisies, would be a bouquet of "freshly sharpened pencils". (if you don't understand what i'm talking about, you'll just have to watch the movie) :)

4 Comments:

At 5/19/2005 9:25 AM, Blogger The Beyer Family said...

Ohhhhh ... that is one of my favorite movies too - daisies are my all time favorite flower. They're such a "happy flower" don't you think? :) Enjoy their happiness - may they brighten your kitchen for many days to come.

Heather

 
At 5/20/2005 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that movie and love those flowers, so so beautiful and sweet.

 
At 5/21/2005 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, those are my very favorite flowers, daisies are, daisies are! :) And I love and adore that movie.

I think you and I are kindred spirits! :)

 
At 5/24/2005 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love the movie too.
Have you really looked at the pattern in the middle of the daisies? Each is it's own. Like a finger print. They look like a spirograph design colored in gold.
I picked a small bouquet just yesterday. They are growing wild in a hay field up in the hill's of Woodland.
I put them in a old light blue bottle by the kitchen window.
Now they warm the heart of those who enter the cabin.
So Sweet of Dustin.
Warmly,
Flassie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home