Monday, May 09, 2005


One of the things I wanted for Mother's Day was ALONE time. Selfish? A bit. But I just craved a small excursion into town to write, order lunch (without sharing with a kid), walk where I want, buy what I want, etc. I got my wish ;) I ended up at a little coffee shop where I had the most perfect hot chocolate w/ chocolate sprinkles, the yummiest croissant that I've ever had, and a small piece of chocolate cake (if Dr. Atkins were still alive, I'm sure my lunch of choice would have surely made him keel over from shock...carbs/sugars/oh my!) I wrote in my journal...10 pages, which is a lot for me, since my wacked out thumb makes it hard to write by hand. I went to the park to "people watch", I heard a band play "Achey Breaky Heart" in Spanish, complete with line dancing, I bought a new bracelet...and came home to a clean house, pizza for dinner and a table full of gorgeous flowers (lots of lilies which makes my house smell wonderful) It was a relaxing day and I needed that. I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day as well... Posted by Hello

7 Comments:

At 5/10/2005 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day, Mindi! I love days like that. As much as I love the kids, I crave the alone time, the quiet. Times when I can just sit and not have to worry about changing a diaper or doing laundry.

Definitely not selfish. You work hard taking care of your children. You deserve a break!! :) Glad you had a happy Mothers Day! You have the most adorable children (besides mine, that is). :)

Have a beautiful day!
Kris

 
At 5/10/2005 1:14 PM, Blogger amazing grace said...

sounds like bliss and relaxation....aaaahhhhh.....and the picture looks sooooo peaceful and inspiring. Glad you had a great day!

 
At 5/10/2005 8:39 PM, Blogger deby said...

What a neat day - I need to know about this menu at the coffee shop. Where does it fall in your "healthy lifestyle tips"?

 
At 5/10/2005 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great mother's day! I got the new Weezer album that was released in the u.s. today! I really like it.

 
At 5/14/2005 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like the absolute perfect Mother's Day to me! Is that an actual photo of your actual hot chocolate? Yum. :)

 
At 5/14/2005 11:57 PM, Blogger mindi11 said...

it is indeed my hot chocolate..it was delicious. i am headed back to that place tomorrow (hopefully they are open on Sundays...)

 
At 5/16/2005 11:36 PM, Blogger mindi11 said...

Mine says "Voyages" too! (just hard to read) Dustin bought it for me for Christmas 2 years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home