Sunday, May 15, 2005

healthy lifestyle tip #2

you are going to love this one...pizza. Pizza is the healthiest food you can eat.
crust--grain
tomato sauce--veggie
mozzarella cheese (i like extra cheese)--dairy
pepperoni--protein

i like to step it up a notch and add pineapple as a topping and i get an extra fruit. ;)



Actually, i hope you all realize that i am speaking in jest. I read a really sad story in one of Dr. Don Colbert's books "Walking in Divine Health". http://www.drcolbert.com/ He had an appointment with a 50ish year old woman, who was tipping the scales at 300 lbs. He asked her what she ate, and she said that she got all of her 4 food groups in daily, and couldn't figure out why she had gained 50 pounds in the past few years. So he asked her to describe her daily diet.

"Well, I fast every morning. I miss breakfast.
Then for lunch, I have my 4 food groups--a quarter pounder with cheese, lettuce and tomato on a bun. Sometimes i have an apple pie, too. So i get my fruit."

"Well, what do you eat for dinner?" I continued.

"Well, I am a meat-and-potatoes woman. I get my vegetables from potatoes, and I love T-bone steaks. So that satisfies my meat group requirement. I always include bread for my grains, and i put lots of butter on it to meet my needs for the dairy group. And i like key lime pie or lemon icebox pie for my fruit group needs."

You can't argue with the results...

1 Comments:

At 5/17/2005 5:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Anybody else hungry? Not the healthiest but I can't argue with her choices....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home