Thursday, December 08, 2005

So I'm off of work today, and I expected to wake up to a huge snow (well, 3 or 4 inches at least) I let the kids know what to expect as we watched the snow falling on the sidewalk last night. I went to the store to buy turtlenecks, gloves, hats, the works. I wake up to a light dirty dusting around the base of trees and in the shadows of the cars. Bummer. Bella still wants to play in it.

We had breakfast and the only thing on the agenda today is making Christmas sugar cookies (with mini m&m's) and a possible haircut for Julian. He can no longer see where he is going, so he walks around the house, running into tables and doorframes, while tilting his head skyward in hopes of seeing underneath his long shaggy hair.

He is still fascinated with trucks, cars, anything with wheels.
He sleeps so well in his bed that I fear moving him to a big boy bed anytime soon.
He shows no interest in any sort of potty training, other than the part where we take his diaper off and he gets to play with himself.
He uses animal noises to communicate his love. When I come home from work late, I take him to Bella's bed and snuggle him and that's when he makes dog panting noises, lion roars, and owl hoots.
He has a beautiful voice that he uses to make robot sounds, implicating that he knows a language that we will never understand. Hopefully someday soon he will understand and speak OUR language, but no rush.
He will be TWO years old next month. Bella is excited planning the party. All on her own, no help from us.

Bella is a party planner. She is a party animal. She lives for birthdays, weddings, holidays, any event worthy of a cake and friends.

We received a birthday party catalogue in the mail, a piece of junkmail that shows pictures of a million different birthday party themes (Dora, Bob the Builder, Madagascar, ponies, butterflies, etc.) Dustin was about to throw it away, and Bella spotted it.

She read the catalogue cover to cover, for 2 hours. Without moving. I don't even know if she was breathing. She then brought it to me to look through for 2 hours.
"Look at the Madagascar party! You can have chocolate cupcakes with the Madagascar party!"
"Look at the Dora party! You can have pink cupcakes with sprinkles with the Dora party!
"Oh MOMMA Look at all the balloons!!!"

When she asked who the catalogue belonged to, I said, "It's yours Bella."
Her eyes grew so so large, and she thaaaaanked me over and over. She's such a sweetie.

UPDATE:
Okay, I lost this post yesterday before I could post it, so I re-typed as much as I could remember. And now I have pictures of the christmas cookies, but none of Julian's new haircut (which wasn't much, just a bang trim, a little layer around the sides, while he growled and flexed his neck muscles into the mirror at the salon) but now he can see :)


4 Comments:

At 12/09/2005 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My What delightful delicious looking cookies you have there Bella I sure hope they find their way to TaTa's and Poppy's house....and you certainly look beautiful in you black turtle neck - hope to see you soon we have another party to attend!!!
LOVE tata

 
At 12/09/2005 10:35 AM, Blogger deby said...

you should have saved the catalog for Christmas!!!!!

 
At 12/11/2005 5:55 PM, Blogger The Beyer Family said...

I love reading your mommy posts! It is so obvious you're a great mom and that you love your children and husband. Your children are adorable - may they have many inches of snow to play in this winter so you can take pictures to share. I'm glad you had a fun day off work. Sounds like Party Planner Bella is going to keep you busy in the celebration department!

 
At 12/16/2005 7:23 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

I can just hear her excitement over the catalog. How sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home