Monday, May 29, 2006

refreshed...


cutie juju















i feel refreshed. after a long couple of weeks, i got a three day weekend, and my sweetie pie parents invited us out of town, got us a hotel room where we swam and played and watched "Over the Hedge" with the kiddos. (hilarious kids movie, by the way...we laughed so hard)

The only bummer was that i got a little nauseous during our lunch at Olive Garden and couldn't really enjoy my pasta. The one thing i truly love...eating large quantities of carbohydrates...and i couldn't even do that. bummer. i made up for it at Outback by ordering the "Chocolate Thunder From Down Under".

Annabelle took over the last few bites of my CTFDU (a huge warm brownie covered in ice cream and chocolate sauce and whipped cream...) and I told her that she should really share with Poppy. She hovered over her brownie and said, "Well...I don't think Poppy really wants a bite...DO YOU Poppy?" She raised her eyebrow at him, secretly hoping he would say that he was too full from dinner to indulge in her sweet treat.

He informed her that actually, he would love a bite, so she sweetly passed him her plate. He was scraping a good amount of brownie and ice cream onto his spoon when she declared, "Well don't eat ALL of it!"

After that, she made sure that she was the only one that would serve bites to Poppy. Very very tiny morsels of brownie on the tip of her spoon.

We got to keep baby Jocelyn for a few hours while Amy and Salomon went to a movie. Super fun. That little girl LOVES me. :)

Then I bribed my dad to smoke some BBQ for me and this baby love nugget in my belly since that's what we seem to be craving right now, and had a super time with my sweetie pie family.

Even Dustin didn't drive me crazy and I thank him for that. I can't say the same for myself. He may have wanted to hurt me after abandoning him at the mall with both of our little monster children (high on sugar, i might add) to go perfume shopping with my mom.

But I smell delicious. :) And he doesn't seem to mind that...

I better get to bed, I have a long day of standing around and doing nothing at work tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 5/31/2006 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mindi - what a wonderful weekend we had - good food - great movie- and very enjoyable company -much needed
Love MOM

 
At 5/31/2006 6:59 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend. I wish I could have some Chocolate Thunder. :-) What kind of perfume you wearing these days?

 
At 5/31/2006 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mindi! Just let me knowwhen you'll be here. 437-3694.

Silas' birthday is June 9th. Party at 6:30pm that night that everyone is invited to... I'd love to see you guys! Thomas the tank theme at the party. Prepare for Thomas overload! I have a tendancy to go overboard!

 
At 6/22/2006 12:34 AM, Blogger StePHen said...

awww i am so glad you got some refreshing time for you and the family.

ps. i am so jealous you got to go to olive garden. my new town is hours away from one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home