Monday, May 08, 2006

the scoop




thanks so much for all your well wishes :) we really appreciate them. we wanted to keep it a secret a bit longer, but our little bella....she was too excited. turns out that she told EVERY visitor to my parents house during her visit last week.

see, the whole point of waiting to announce our news, was to not take away attention from sweet Jocelyn's arrival. however, every one of Jocelyn's visitors asked Annabelle, "Bella, so what do you think about this sweet baby?" and her standard answer was a quickly spoken run-on sentence (I'm sure so nobody could stop her):
"you now what i think, i think my momma's gonna have a baby and it's a secret and it's only this big (thumb and forefinger indicating one inch) and it's in her belly RIGHT NOW!!!"

so yeah, i guess our gig is up. we're due sometime in December. no clue when. it could actually even be November or January for all I know. I've never been that good at remembering some things. So my best guess is mid-December, until I can see a doctor and get a better idea.


One day while visiting baby Jocelyn, Julian woke up from a nap to an empty house. He came to me sleepily and pointed to J's bassinet. "ba-bee saw-a man?" (he calls her baby Salomon, which is her daddy's name) I told him that Baby Jocelyn went bye-bye.

For some reason, I thought it would be a good time to let him in on the little secret. I said, "Juju, did you know that Mama has a baby in her belly?"

Juju touched my belly, a little confused, and started crying. Seriously, boo-hooing. At first I thought he was mourning the loss of his role as the Baby of the family, and then I realized my mistake. He thought I had eaten Baby Jocelyn.

Once she came back to the house, he was much relieved, and has been carrying around the baby doll that Mom got the kids for Christmas ever since. He is intent on being a good big brother to this new little one. I just have to teach him that we don't carry babies around by their legs.

6 Comments:

At 5/08/2006 9:50 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I'm relieved to hear you didn't eat Baby Jocelyn, really.

 
At 5/08/2006 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a few days behind....Congratulations...another beautiful baby!! Names??

 
At 5/08/2006 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so AWESOME, Mindi! I just saw your posts! I'm so happy for you. :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 5/09/2006 1:11 PM, Blogger StePHen said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA. so funny. glad you didnt eat the baby

 
At 5/09/2006 7:30 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Many many congratulations! I'm excited for you.

 
At 5/14/2006 8:17 PM, Blogger The Beyer Family said...

Congratulations!!! Looks like you and I will be sharing the joys of pregnancy together ... and I'm due "sometime in December" as well. i've been told around Dec. 10.

Enjoy the ride!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home