Thursday, May 11, 2006

spaghetti


Dustin went out of town Monday and Tuesday, leaving me to fend for myself against these crazy children. I did everything I could to make sure we had fun, making pizza and popsicles for lunch, watching movies, playing games. Annabelle, however, was quick to point out all the things that I did differently from Daddy.

Annabelle was giving me attitude about me not giving her a snack before dinner.
"Daddy ALWAYS lets us have snacks before dinner."

I told her that I gave her a popsicle when she woke up from her nap. She informed me that a popsicle was a "special treat", but a snack was like raisins and kix or crackers and cheese.

I told her, "No. You will not get a snack, I'm making dinner right now."

She said, "FINE! I don't want ANY dinner!"

I told her that was okay, there would be more for me and Julian. Then I reached for the spaghetti out of the cabinet.

She hovered around the kitchen a few more minutes and then politely asked,
"Mama, what's for dinner?"

I said, "Juju and Mama are having spaghetti."

She said, "Oh. I think I will have some dinner tonight."

I asked, "Bella? I thought you didn't want ANY?"

She shrugged and said, "i didn't know you were going to make my FAVORITE dinner."

6 Comments:

At 5/11/2006 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been informed many times by my daycare kids that popsicles are a treat...they want something with gurth for a snack....then a popsicle later!

Marleen

 
At 5/11/2006 8:50 PM, Blogger StePHen said...

i have a soft spot for spaghetti too so i think Bella & i would get along just fine :) (plus i can get cranky without my afternoon snack too) :)

 
At 5/11/2006 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT'S ALL ABOUT "ATTITUDE"
LOVE TATA

 
At 5/14/2006 6:56 AM, Blogger Phyllis RenĂ©e said...

Just dropping by to wish you a Happy Mother's Day --- x3!!

 
At 5/17/2006 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a picture of me pouting because I wouldn't eat scrambled eggs...I love that you captured all the memories!

J

 
At 5/17/2006 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO WHERE ARE YOU - ON VACATION OR SOMETHING?.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home