Wednesday, August 02, 2006

legal question

i have a legal question for you guys...
this is the copyright message that i have on my photography site.

© 2006 Mindi Bartell
Please do not use any text or images from this site without permission. Don't make me hurt you. Have a nice day.


do you think it's still all legal and everything if i make a threat in the middle of my copyright message?


while i was driving furiously to memphis last night, amy and salomon kept my kids. salomon went to pick up a pizza and saw these tattoos at the check out counter. he bought one for each of the kids and bribed them with the tattoos to get out of the bathtub. (they LOVE bath time and i usually resort to screaming "Juju!!! There's bugs in the water!!" and he'll hop right out, a little shaken, but whatever)

anyways, he told annabelle that hers had ponies on it, but upon closer examination, there wasn't a single pony on her tattoo. amy said, "well, he said he couldn't see them very well, they're so small and it was dark in the pizza place."
i said, "Oh, is that why Julian has a fairy and flowers on his tattoo?"
she said, "Oh no, he knew that's what was on it. he thought it was funny."

i have the coolest brother in law ever.

6 Comments:

At 8/02/2006 9:04 AM, Blogger Kara said...

I love it. I think it's great b.c it doesn't sound too 'formal' but yet, they know you are serious.:)Steph said you might be coming up to take her and JM's pics and we would love it if you had a bit of time to do a few of us as well.

 
At 8/02/2006 1:19 PM, Blogger LaciK said...

Hi, again. This is crazy to me, because my son got a Happy Meal at McD's Sunday and it had some Pirates of the Car. tattoo's in it.. his first little tattoo's.. I just think that's funny that I come to read what you have to say today and it's about tattoo's because he's be OBSESSED with them since he got them. He wants to stick them on his wrist, like my tattoo.. Kids are so great.

 
At 8/02/2006 1:20 PM, Blogger LaciK said...

Oh. And I think the copywrite thing is great.. it has personality. Plus, I'm scared, so I won't be stealing any of your pictures.

 
At 8/02/2006 5:26 PM, Blogger Phyllis Renée said...

I would say your copyright is completely legal . . . and thorough :o)

 
At 8/05/2006 10:25 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Does that mean I can't "lift" any of your pictures for my blog anymore? I don't want you to hurt me. Thanks for the heads-up.

 
At 8/17/2006 12:01 AM, Blogger StePHen said...

great photos... love them...
i think that it should still uphold your copyright but im no lawyeR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home