Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

i thought it would be fun to do Thursday Thirteen , like my Aunt Valerie has been doing, so today, i present to you Thirteen names that annabelle has chosen for the baby. (note that this is not a complete list, just 13 random names that made me smile, and her list makes it pretty obvious that she expects this baby to be either a girl....or a puppy)

1. Treeleaf (good for a BOY or a GIRL)
2. Slobbers
3. Jocelyn Too
4. Sarah
5. Scamp
6. Colorado (???)
7. Luther (after Poppy's dog)
8. SpongeBob
9. Potato Head
10. Eva (after her Noni's dog)
11. Nala (Lion King)
12. Mexico
13....my favorite. tonight we were in wal-mart and annabelle turned to me and said, "Mama, I just thought of the PERFECT name for your baby....Jesus!! Jesus Mexico Bartell.
The couple in the aisle with us almost fell over laughing so hard, and I did too.
The best part, is that is her name for a girl. Sweet little baby girl, Jesus Mexico.



One other funny little story, I was sharing some names with Annabelle that I was considering for the baby, as I just love to hear the names with her little twinkly voice and tone. I told her that for a boy, i liked baby Ezra. She loved it and had no problem pronouncing it.

I told her several girl names that I was thinking of, but still can't find a name that I love. I mentioned Gabriella. I said, "Gabriella would be sweet because we could call her Gabriella, Gabby, Brie, Ella...whatever you like! Plus it sounds sweet with Annabelle. Gabriella and Annabelle." She thought it over with a furrowed brow and declared, "Grabernella. Hmmmm.... I like it!!" So, if we chose that name, we would definitely need to work on a nickname, because while I love that Annabelle first started calling Julian "Juju", "Grabernella" would take a while to grow on me.

8 Comments:

At 10/12/2006 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grabbernella! Oh cute. I'm in for Gabby. :-)

 
At 10/13/2006 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus Mexico Bartell has a wonderful sound to me - of course I am fond of brown people - I had an Aunt Texi - now I could have a grand daughter - Mexi - this is a god list - keep it up Bella you are doing a great job as a big sister....to your baby sister or brother or puppy...
love you
tata

 
At 10/13/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Kara said...

I love how children think! Jesus Mexico sounds great, but I do like Ezra and Grabriella...we still have no clue what we are going to name our baby L....:)

 
At 10/13/2006 1:18 PM, Blogger Kara said...

PS...this afternoon on our way home from school, Haven said 'Mommy, can we invite Ms. Jill over?' And I said 'No, she's at work'. (we know another Jill) She said, 'No, mommy, the one that took our pictures on my bed and we read books'. I corrected her saying that it was 'Ms. Mindi' and that you had moved far away, but that hoepfully we'd see you guys soon. I thought it was sweet that she remembered you. (well, not necessarily your name, but the experience and you, the person.:))

 
At 10/13/2006 5:50 PM, Blogger The Beyer Family said...

I'm liking the Jesus Mexico Bartell - it has a very distinct ring to it. :) Does Juju have any names picked out?

 
At 10/16/2006 11:53 PM, Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

Well, you probably know what I'm going to vote for here.

Gabriella.

I love it -- it has definitely worked for us.

It is hard for the wee ones to pronounce, though. She's frequently referred to as "Gabby-rella", Cinderella's forgotten sister.

 
At 10/17/2006 6:52 AM, Blogger Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love how you let her tell you her choices. What are some of the other names you and Dustin like?

 
At 10/25/2006 3:21 PM, Blogger StePHen said...

hahaha, that is so great. jesus mexico. lol. you could go places with that name... or grabernella :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home