Tuesday, September 26, 2006

randomness

i forgot to post this picture. i think this is either Amy and Salomon or Poppy and Tata. Whoever it is, they have nice big teeth. :)










i am so excited about this wonderful weather. before we moved, i was dreading the Texas heat. having been in Texas the past two September's, I knew the heat wasn't over just because it was "autumn". However, the one thing that has really been cooperative since we've been here is the weather.

in honor of Autumn, I have:
*burned constantly my favorite Hazelnut and Pumpkin candles.
*baked homemade peanut butter cookies (and apple bread tomorrow)
*cooked a huge pot of stew for the first time ever. it's nowhere near as good as my dad's, but it's pretty darn tasty.
*making chili tomorrow.
*dug out our fall/winter clothes and julian picked out one of my favorite long sleeve green shirts to wear today.
*realized I better come up with a baby name for this little one, whatever he/she may be.
*begun thinking about the holidays/birthdays. Dustin will be 31 next month and I hope we get to do something special. it's not like we don't live in a city with resources for a good time. :)

I have not, however, abandoned my daily requirement of lemonade. I think it could carry over into autumn quite nicely.

Randomness: Should I cut Annabelle's hair? I love how long it's getting, and so easy to pull into a ponytail or piggies if we need to leave the house quickly. She just hates the tangles and has been asking me to cut it short for some time now.

Randomness #2: Julian has been coughing like crazy now also. Their fevers are gone, just lots of coughing. He keeps saying, "Mama, I'm siiick. I wanna "chew chew chew"." (chew chew chew is either gum or cough drops)

Randomness #3: Julian won't keep his clothes on. He strips down (completely naked) and asks for his "big boy dunnies". I love that he calls his "undies", "dunnies". He has peed all over this house, but for the first time in his little life, he is actually showing an interest in using the toilet. He has done 4 poops in the potty and I am actually seeing some hope that someday he may want to actually be potty trained.

Randomness #4: I miss my family. especially Baby J with the chubby cheeks that is now army crawling and rolling over. But for those who have asked, Yes, despite all the setbacks, I love Austin and am so happy to be here. I promise I will take new pictures soon, I just need to get into the groove here.

6 Comments:

At 9/26/2006 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your randomness -so cute that Julian is trying to be a big boy -and will be wearing dunnies soon! I love this drawing I have been wondering when you would post it - Bella is so talented - Glad your stew turned out - it is a nice fall day here and that would be mighty tastey...love and miss you all - rub "tree leaf" for me
Hugs and Kisses
Mom

 
At 9/26/2006 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear all is well...go with the undies, and maybe a mop, too!
Marleen

 
At 9/26/2006 11:46 PM, Blogger StePHen said...

awww. i got some pumpkins and mums and a big old hay stack outside my front door. i love welcoming autumn :)

ps. here are some names i like lately:

grant
bailey
ruthie
aiden

hehe.

 
At 9/28/2006 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pic, how cute. How is the pregnancy going. Hope all is well.

 
At 9/28/2006 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you should know that the picture is of me and salomon. She drew it one night before seh went to bed. oh how beautiful she makes us look. bella would look so big with her hair cut. miss you guys give them big hugs and kisses from mammie. love u!

 
At 10/01/2006 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you!
Mika

 

Post a Comment

<< Home