Thursday, September 21, 2006

we made it



we're here!!! our drive went so smoothly, around 7 1/2 hours. Julian started asking "Are we there yet?" around Dallas (hour #4) , and didn't stop until I let him listen to his favorite song by the Killers ("All these things that I've done") approximately 37 times. I am not exaggerating.

it's been very eventful and uneventful at the same time.
uneventful because we (me and kiddos) have been home without a car/phone/internet/television. but not anymore!! you should have seen us when the cable guy showed up yesterday. he said, "you haven't had anything for two weeks? You must have the patience of a saint." (he said this as Julian was tugging on his shirt, and repeatedly saying "I want your flashlight. I want your 'puter. I want your telephone. I wanna go with you. I want your flashlight....") I told him, "No, I don't. That's why I am refraining from hugging you right now."

The eventful part is that we have all been sick. Annabelle is in bed asking me to please take her to see Dr. Finck so "we can find out what's wrong with me". annabelle and julian have had fevers, and Annabelle has had a cough and "head breaks". (headaches) Because of how we've raised the kids to not eat too much sugar, Annabelle is convinced that she has had too many sweets and she needs a break from sweet treats. Then, she immediately asked me to buy her some popsicles tomorrow.

julian just mopes around the house and says "Mama, I wanna hold you." (which means he wants me to hold him. i don't judge him for his improper grammar, we're just happy that he is communicating in more than screams and robot gibberish)

on our second day here, i got food poisoning and pretty badly dehydrated and was admitted into the hospital overnight. it was horrible. at one point i thought that dying would bring some relief, and was trying to hold out until Dustin got home, so the kids wouldn't be home alone. Fortunately, as you can tell, i didn't die. I cried a lot, and thought for a second that i might go into labor, and wanted to die after throwing up all over myself in the hot bath that I was taking to try to ease the pain. Since I had no phone, I semi-dressed myself and the kids and walked to Dustin's grandma's apartment and had my brother in law watch the kids while Meme took me to the ER. Because I was pregnant they wouldn't give me much other than phenagren and tylenol. It was just basically a quiet, cool room to cry in until the pain subsided on it's own.

All of that sounds really horrible right? So let's move on to fun news.
*ACL was fabulous.

*I now have internet (which is running really really slowly for me, but I'm not complaining too much.

*I also have a telephone, and although I hate talking on the phone, it's nice to know that I can if I want to....especially to call 911 if I ever again think that dying would be better than the pain caused by bad tuna.

*Our cable package included DVR, which means that I can watch "Grey's Anatomy" and "Survivor" now that the kids are in bed, instead of trying to catch bits and pieces of it in between cooking dinner and giving baths.

*My mother in law is letting me use her other car for a bit (since Dustin has mine for work)
We found a mall, Super Target, WalMart, IHOP...only the necessities. We bought princess wands and a tiara for Bella in the $1 bin, and Julian got these little prince crowns and fake mustaches. He looked awesome. Annabelle decided to find other uses for the mustaches and created armpit hair, a unibrow, and a hairy buttcrack. Here are a few funny pictures. She seems to think that Poppy will really enjoy them. She and Poppy have a similar sense of humor, I think. But hairy butt cracks on a 4 year old girl, that's always funny, right? (click on them to see bigger size)

7 Comments:

At 9/22/2006 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well congrats on your arrival!!! Sorry that you guys are sick--hopefully you'll be all well SOON!

 
At 9/22/2006 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew that MY grandchildren did not belong in Texas....now with the "hairy pits!" You gotta bring that girl back home....I'll take her to "ummm Dr. Finck" - But Julian does make a CUTE king...miss you guys terribly...hope all is well soon with the fam - you left out the story about Dustin and the pin in the eye...?

Love MOM

 
At 9/22/2006 9:48 AM, Blogger Kara said...

YAY! I missed you!:) I am glad that you are there and that you and treeleaf are well. We have had yucky sinus stuff around our house.

 
At 9/22/2006 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your update. I am jealous of you having DVR. But if i work my cards right, before we move into our new house "keeping fingers crossed" we will have to live with sal's parent's for a lil while since its starting to get cold at night and i don't want my baby to freeze. So sal told his parents they need to upgrade and they want to switch to direct tv, so maybe i can get dvr sooo i may just turn into Sawyer & con them into things i want.... lol....

 
At 9/22/2006 3:34 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

I esp like Juju's second king picture. I'm glad you didn't die, I would have missed you. :)

 
At 9/22/2006 4:37 PM, Blogger The Beyer Family said...

Yay - I'm so glad to see you're back and safe. Sorry you've all been so sick, but glad all is well and you're getting settled into your new home. Love the hairy pits and buttcrack pics - if I had a fake mustache I think I would have done the same thing with it!

 
At 9/26/2006 11:43 PM, Blogger StePHen said...

wow. so much (good and not so good) going on but most of all i love that you are all adjusting! i cant tell you how often michael brings up austin... more than any other city by far that he wants to move to... we'll see :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home