Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Bella's shot


Bella's shot Posted by Hello

This is a picture that Annabelle took of me. I found it on my computer tonight, and while it is not the best picture of me, I love it so much, because this is her art.

I love photography. I crave time alone just to learn more about taking excellent, story-telling pictures. Pictures are so important to me, as a memory saver, a keepsake, a chance to tell others what I loved and what I saw...

I remember my first camera. It was a little hot pink camera that used 110 film. It was awesome. A Le' Click if I remember correctly. I took it on family vacations and shot pictures out of my car window. Pictures of cool buildings in Dallas, the desert in Arizona, the ocean in California (Dad wasn't one to stop often, so these were the best I could get) Mostly blurs, but they were my blurs. My interpretation of our trips.

I hope I can pass on this love of photography to my budding artist. I am not sure about letting her use my good camera too much...she's not too delicate on that thing, but maybe, just maybe, there is a little Bella-sized camera in her future...I wonder if they have a great little hot pink one?

3 Comments:

At 3/22/2005 6:10 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

I was with you on your first big trip. Arkansas to San Diego! You were a screaming momster through some of that trip. "MINE!" you would growl so there were no misunderstanding you.

I understand the craving for time alone. I craved for it a number of years. When Juju turns 4 or 5, you'll notice an incredible increase of freedom. So hang on and enjoy the years till then.

Love, V

 
At 3/22/2005 9:02 PM, Blogger mindi11 said...

I know you must be thinking of some other child, for I was an angel...I just know it.

 
At 3/22/2005 11:29 PM, Blogger mindi11 said...

oh wow, you never told me that! That makes me so happy!

although...we're going to have to talk about all the lying and thievery you did as a child. I thought the candy-stealing episode would have scared you away from stealing again...tsk tsk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home