Monday, April 11, 2005

Ode to Amy


Amy and Salomon Posted by Hello

This is my sister, Amy and her boyfriend Salomon. Bella calls him "Salad Bar", so of course, the rest of us do as well. I think he likes it.

Amy seemed to age 10 years overnight. I expected her to be 9 years old forever, with a bad haircut and a shy disposition. Now, she is one of the most beautiful girls I know. She is confident, and funny and knows what she likes and definitely knows what she does NOT like. She is a "super aunt" to my babies, my right hand gal when I'm in need of help for a baby-sitter, or a grocery shopping partner, or just to take the kids to dinner and give me a break, and she is probably what my Annabelle will look like when she gets older. I LOVE my sister.

Tonight, Annabelle was asking about her Arkansas homies, and Amy's name came up. She said, "I miss my Amy. Is she coming to the airport with Uncle?" I told her that no, she wouldn't be. I asked Annabelle what Amy would say to her if she saw her right now, and Annabelle said, "Hello my little sweetie pie!"

I said, "Yeah, probably. I think she would also say, "I love you, Bella BOO BOO BOO BOO," and then she would kiss you really really hard, on the side of your forehead."

Annabelle looked at the ground and said, "Yeah, that's probably what she would say."

What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life – to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories. -George Eliot

4 Comments:

At 4/11/2005 10:45 AM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Are Amy and Salad Bar serious? All you younguns have grown up while I've been gone.

Amy looks beautiful. And well, Salad Bar, needs to keep his lips to himself.

 
At 4/11/2005 5:14 PM, Blogger amazing grace said...

I just love your black and white photos--and I am cracking up about "salad bar."

Kids bring laughter to our lives like no one else. :)

 
At 4/11/2005 7:02 PM, Blogger mindi11 said...

They seem to be pretty serious.
I really like him a lot, and I hope that they both have great things in their future, regardless of whether they end up together or not.

He's bribing his way in though, he always brings presents to mom AND dad...what a turd. :) where's MY presents?????

 
At 4/13/2005 4:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie Laney said...

Tell Amy I need more info. He's cute. I wish you could take pics of John Mark and I. I love these of Amy and "Salad bar"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home