Saturday, April 16, 2005

Where does she come up with this stuff???


Art time Posted by Hello

Annabelle has been full of jokes, sentiment and fire today. Lots of drama, but lots of comedy as well. I just thought I would share a few of her stories from today.

1. I mentioned once before that we have a running joke in our family about eating the kids "baby feetsies" and "sweet bunsies" with BBQ sauce. Annabelle firmly replies with a "Jesus says NO!" and that's that. She doesn't think it's very funny, she never knows if we are kidding or not. But tonight, I think she figured out that it is a joke, because she turned on me. Dustin had gone to see a friend, and while he was gone, she and Juju cornered me in my bedroom. She looked at me with all seriousness and said,
"Hey Mama. You know what Jesus said? He said that we could eat your sweet bunsies."
I acted shocked and scared. I said, "Really???"
She says, "Yeah, but just one."
Then she turns to Julian, puts her hand in the air and says, "High five, Juju!"


2. We also have an agreement that Bella's sweet bunsies belong to me. Dustin gets her baby feetsies, and Uncle gets her nose. Dustin is forever joking with her that he gets her feetsies AND her sweet bunsies, and she usually yells, "NO! My sweet bunsies belong to Mama!!!" She is very adamant about this. Well today, Dustin said,
"Bella, I know your sweet bunsies belong to Mama."
Annabelle turned and looked at him so sweetly and said,
"Thank you, Daddy. Thank you for tellin the truth."
It was as if it was one less thing that she had to worry about.


3. Tonight, right before Dustin left to go to his friends house, Bella was clinging, didn't want him to leave, wanted him to play some more. Bella was hiding under the covers, snickering and giggling quite loudly, but convinced that she was invisible. Dustin found her, tickled her and told her it was time for him to go. She stands up and shouts,
"Daddy! Wait!!! I gotta tell you something...................i sure miss when i was born..........."
See, Dustin loves to tell Bella about the day she was born, and how he was the first one to get to hold her, and how she stopped crying as soon as she heard his voice and so on. I guess she knew that if she reminded him of how she missed that, then he wouldn't leave and would tell her the story....she's a smooth one, that Annabelle Grace.


4. As she is reading her "schoolbook" tonight, I hear her counting. She counts 21 apples on the page and I say,
"Annabelle, how high can you count? Keep going, I want to hear you."
She gets embarrassed that I was listening to her "read", and says,
"I can't talk right now, because I got too much spit in my mouth." And that was that.

She makes me laugh every single day and I love that.

6 Comments:

At 4/16/2005 11:07 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

I love that she makes you laugh too. That makes me smile. I like that.

 
At 4/17/2005 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of those comments just tickle me silly. Especially that last one. I have had to talk at times when I felt like I had too much spit in my mouth. She's a cool gal, our AnnaBelle Grace!

Mimi

 
At 4/17/2005 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't kids the funniest little people? Sounds like you've got a smart one there! And so adorable, too. :)

 
At 4/17/2005 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like it
the one about me nearly made me cry..
did you know that was one of my all time literary quotes..see you in a week .love you all

 
At 4/17/2005 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mindi: Your mom gave me your blog address and it is really neat to be able to see what is going on in your life. Oh, by the way, this is Rita Keener! Did you know that I am going to be a Grand-mother somewhere around July 1. I am sending Maggie this address so she can read all about you and your fab-u-lous family. You sound so happy and sontent. I am so proud of you and so very happy for you. Does Katy have a computer to Blog? I would love to hear from her as well. Talk later!
Rita

 
At 4/18/2005 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mindi again: if you send me your e-mail address I will send you a picture of my little mama.
my address is trkeener2@earthlink.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home