Thursday, April 14, 2005

Happy surprises


Daisies, in shades of pink Posted by Hello

Yesterday, I was reading on my blog-friend's blog http://kristajean.typepad.com/
about how she received flowers from a friend, she had been sick for several days and it was just a sweet little pick-me-up. The flowers were so beautiful, and I silently thought, "hmmm, i need some flowers". I haven't bought any for myself in several weeks, and buying flowers for yourself isn't the same as receiving flowers unexpectedly...

So this morning, I wake up, boring morning routine, fix oatmeal, feed kids, straighten bedrooms, head to the gym...blah blah blah. Bella and I lie down to rest while Julian is napping, and Dustin wakes me up within an hour to tell me he needs to go to the store and the market. Well, going to the store was my plan for the day, and I just went to the market yesterday, so I know we NEED nothing. I gripe about it for a bit, then get up with Juju, and Dustin goes on his merry little way. Within half an hour, I hear Bella in the living room say, "OOOOHHHH are those for my MOMMY? Are those for me to share too???" I immediately feel like a jerk. I know he's brought home flowers, made a special trip to the market, for the sole purpose of buying flowers, and I griped about it for 10 minutes before he left...I'm such a brat.

He picks out 3 shades of pink daisies, which is highly observant, as I've only developed this "pink fetish" within the last couple of months. Prior to it, I was a "pink hater". He doesn't like pink either, so I know he's been paying attention. They are beautiful, and he is beautiful, and they (he and the flowers) have been brightening up my home all day. What a happy surprise.

2 Comments:

At 4/15/2005 1:11 AM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

sweet

 
At 4/15/2005 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty. So glad you got some flowers, too. :)
• Kris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home