Wednesday, May 25, 2005

A merlot guy and his pina colada girl...


date night Posted by Hello

We went on our very first date a couple of nights ago. We got a wonderful babysitter (the 14 year old babysitter's older sister) Dustin's Dad treated us. He paid for the sitter and a meal at our very favorite restaurant "Harry's" It's the fanciest restaurant I've been in. The food is yummy and when I eat there, I always think that my Dad would love this place. Great food and fun atmosphere.

We order drinks, a merlot for Dustin and a pina colada for me. I discovered my love for pina coladas (the only alcoholic drink that I can stomach) at Olive Garden. They make their pina coladas like a yummy sweet dessert. When Dustin makes them at home for me, he adds vanilla ice cream. Well, Mexico does not make a great pina colada. Too frothy/milky/rum-my. Not my style.

We had so much fun. We just enjoyed each other, with no yelling Juju, no Bella running around the restaurant, no spilled drinks (well, one, but totally not our fault) It was nice. And the fact that the $50ish dollar tab was picked up by Mark was pretty great too. We walked around the Jardin, took silly pictures, bought chocolate and headed home to a little girl up way past her bedtime. Bella loved her baby-sitter. She wanted her to live with us and cried when it was time to take her home.

This will be my last post for a few days. We are heading home tomorrow.

*Quick itinerary for those interested (probably just my parents, counting down the seconds until Saturday :) *


We're heading to a town about 5 hours from here tomorrow and will relax in a hotel, get good sleep for the drive to Texas.
On Thursday we are heading to Kerrville Texas, to see Dustin's family and check out a couple of days of folk music at the Kerrville folk festival
We'll leave Saturday morning for Arkansas and arrive late Saturday.
And Memorial Day weekend promises lots of sleep, shopping, and a viewing of "Madagascar" with the kiddos at a theater with huge seats...fun times for all.

Until next time...

3 Comments:

At 5/25/2005 8:40 AM, Blogger The Beyer Family said...

Have a wonderful trip home, enjoy your outings and be safe! Looking forward to your next entry. :)

 
At 5/25/2005 11:52 AM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Dear God,
Please keep Mindi, Dustin, Annabelle and Juju safe in your loving arms as they make the long trip back to Arkansas. Protect them from all harm and danger. Thank you. Amen.

 
At 5/25/2005 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mindi,
Have a safe trip home, I am sure your parents can't wait!!
Love, Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home