Wednesday, June 29, 2005

soundtrack of my life #11-19

11. Dustin and I got engaged: "Both of us will feel the Blast" by Waterdeep. One of my most favorite bands ever. We even saw them in concert (one of many times) on our honeymoon.

12. Entire YWAM experience can be summed up by the "Enter the Worship Circle" CD. It's a GREAT album.

13. Africa trip--Bebo Norman's "The Hammer" and "A Page is Turned" His voice and beautiful songs soothed me during a rough rough time.

14. Our wedding!!! :) We had so much music at our wedding, but the one song that sticks out is "Somewhere North" that Dustin sang to me on our wedding day. He changed a few of the words to make it fit us better ;) (even the song title had to be changed to "Somewhere South" since I'm an Arkansas girl and all...)

15. Newlyweds. Dustin was gone with the band all the time. I listened to jazzy music from Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald when I was home alone or constantly driving for work.

16. Bella's birth. Immediately after Bella was born, CJ and Dustin went to buy pineapple pizza and Girl Scout Cookies for me (I had been on a fairly restricted diet for the last 2 months, and NEEDED these foods) and the first song they heard was "Honey Baby" by Damien Jurado. CJ declared this to be Bella's song, and it always reminds me of the day she came into our family.

17. Dustin working away from home ALL the time. I missed him so much and cried everytime I listened to anything from Damien Jurado.

18. Julian's birth. Anything from Bob Dylan. That is all I listened to for days leading up to his birth.

19. 2004, the roughest year of my life. Ben Harper's "Diamonds on the Inside" album and "Live from Mars" album is what got me through it.

20. Mexico. Our time living in Mexico reminds me of the song "Cannonball" by Damien Rice. Dustin learned to play it at my request.

It is driving me crazy that I've had to leave out so many influential bands/artists...but I'm such a music lover that this list could be a thousand times longer...

so...anybody got any music recommendations for me??

2 Comments:

At 7/02/2005 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the Somewhere North by Caedmon's call? Because, wow, that song is amazing. I never thought about it for a wedding but...wow. And Waterdeep, what good picks! Enter the Worship Circle has taken me through a lot of crazyness. I read your blog often, kid related or not, it's fantastic, keep it up :)

-Lizzy

 
At 7/02/2005 12:04 PM, Blogger mindi11 said...

Somewhere North is by Caedmon's Call. I never thought of it for a wedding, but it was kind of one of "our songs" since Dustin travelled with a band all the time and then I was away at college for most of the year that we "dated". The lyrics fit our situation pretty well. :)

it's always cool to "meet" people who know "my music". I consider any Waterdeep fans as friends :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home