Saturday, July 02, 2005

Animal House


Juju--the little tiny baby lion... Posted by Picasa

Annabelle loves to play animal games. Each day she decides what animal we are going to be and then we have to act like that animal throughout the day.

2 days ago we were moo cows. I am Momma Moo Cow. Bella is Baby Moo Cow and Juju is Little Tiny Baby Moo Cow. We moo'd our conversations to eachother. We ate "grass" and moo'd some more.

Yesterday we were monkeys. Momma Monkey, Baby Monkey and Little Tiny Baby Monkey. I carried the kids around my neck while crawling around the floor. I "hoo hoo'd" and "hee hee'd" until I was hoarse. They ate bananas.

Today we were lions. Momma Lion, Baby Lion and Little Tiny Baby Lion. Julian LOVED playing lions. He growled and roared all day long. He would hide behind chairs and jump out and ROAR at me. Bella roared. I roared. And then I took pictures of my Little Tiny Baby Lion, roaring his heart out.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I bought Annabelle a "Gloria chapstick" today. Gloria is the female hippo from the new cartoon movie, Madagascar. I have a feeling we will be hippos tomorrow.

*funny thing, while we were at WalMart today, I handed Bella the Gloria chapstick to hold while I was buying piles and piles of ribbon. She showed the ribbon lady the chapstick and said, "Look, I got schap-schtick."

She didn't quite understand Bella's interesting way of pronouncing chapstick, so I repeated, "chapstick". The lady acted impressed with Bellas new treat. Bella then said, "It's from Madagascar".

The lady said, "Amazing that she has a hard time with "chapstick" and then pronounces "Madagascar", clear as day."

Bella has given up calling it chapstick and now calls it "chopsticks". Apparently it is easier to say it that way.

3 Comments:

At 7/03/2005 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 2 yr old Chloe is the same way. She has trouble pronouncing her own name (she says "Floe") but she says "Madagascar" with no problem. It's hilarious. :)

Happy 4th!
Kris

 
At 7/03/2005 7:39 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

You have so much mommy energy. I'm running low these days. Your kids are amazingly cute.

 
At 7/04/2005 3:55 PM, Blogger The Beyer Family said...

Hey FUN MOM!!! What a great game to play. Do hippos eat blueberry muffins? :)

I love these entries - I always come to your site to read funny, happy family stories. I never leave disappointed (unless you haven't done an entry!)

Heathe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home