Saturday, July 23, 2005

a few things about me


self portrait Posted by Picasa

Just thought I would share a few random tidbits of information about me and what's going on at this exact moment...

*my feet are growing...again. I normally wear a size 8 1/2 but working on my feet all day wearing stupid "business" shoes have caused them to permanently swell to a size 9...which is growing snug...I am possibly a 9 wide. ugh. Oh, and why don't any shoe places have size 9's? I have looked for 2 weeks now, and only yesterday found a decent pair of 9's (but definitely not my first shoe choice...more like 11th or 12th.) Stupid big feet. Stupid job that won't let me wear flip flops. I should have gotten a job at American Eagle. THEY can wear flip flops AND tank tops. But that's why they start at $6/hr. I just think I would be a more efficient worker if I didn't have to limp all over the store, trying to smile and be nice while really wanting to cut my legs off for a little relief.

*my stupid nose is getting infected. My nose piercing is only 4 weeks old and I've had to remove it several times for work, so now it looks disgusting. The really irritating thing is that my tiny little diamond stud piercing is considered "offensive", but 3 of my co-workers display about 85% of their breasts daily, 2 of my co-workers (and one manager) have very noticeable tattoos (across the neck, upper arm, ankles) and 1 of my co-workers (who is the nicest girl ever) has the worst breath ever....but yeah, my nose ring is offensive. whatever. (said in a junior high girlish fashion)

*my kids "prefer" Dustin. Dustin must put them to bed. Dustin must kiss boo boos. Dustin must help give baths and take potty breaks and fix snacks and read stories...I'm a little sad, but at the same time, I've taken over the "fun parent" role. I bring cookies and "good ice" home from work, one hour before bedtime. I take them out to play before dinner. I bring fun and sunshine in the door at 6:40ish pm. It's a nice change...but I'm not going to get too comfortable with it...it will be back to normal soon.

As I'm writing this, Dustin walks out of the kids room to "charge up" the Care Bear. Bella has a glow in the dark Care Bear that Dustin has to "charge" in front of a light bulb nightly, so that it will glow and she will sleep better. What a good daddy.

*my husband is also a better housekeeper than I am. And cook. And unpacker. But I am way better at driving and typing and spelling and I read way faster than he does, so I still feel good about myself :)

*i realized today that I love my husband today more than i ever have. it just overwhelmed me today. he is hilarious and giving and nurturing. he runs stupid petty errands and does the detailed cleaning and pampers me when i'm sick and doesn't lecture me over stupid things that i do over and over again.

Tonight he is watching the news and walks into the room and says, "Man! A kid had a "Vote for Pedro" shirt on. He was only like 5 years old and he had that shirt. I WANT THAT SHIRT." He then made a pouty face, slumped his shoulders, and returned to the bedroom to continue watching the news. maybe i'm just easy to please, but that little mini tantrum made me love him more.

*I am re-discovering my love for Bath and Body Works. That store makes me so so happy. I love to smell good. I currently smell of Sweet Pea, but that will change in about 10 minutes when I take a bath with my Warm Vanilla Sugar scrub. My checkbook does NOT like the store. Money just slides away from me among the lotions and candles...

*I weigh more than I ever have, non-pregnant. I should probably mention that I have also re-discovered my love for the Great American Cookie Co. I get ice from them every day...oh yeah, and a big bite doozie. (2 small cookies with a filling of frosting in between...oh yeah) This means that I am about to work on my discipline (ice only, NO cookies) and try to lose this stupid weight once and for all.

*I think I am finished having babies. Working in the children's section of a department store gives me the opportunity to see all the new tiny cutsie little baby clothes coming out...but I also see the maniac children flying down the "up" escalator, while the other kid is tearing every shirt off the wall as the mother frantically tries to nurse the screaming infant...nope. Don't want to do that any more. Now what? I have no insurance, but I am quite fertile so I need to do something ASAP. I take a pregnancy test (out of fear, not hope) almost every month. I should come up with a better system (like actually tracking my cycle. duh.) because those tests aren't cheap.

*since our return from Mexico, tap water grosses me out. I drink purified bottled water almost exclusively now (with the exception of ice. Ice is a wonderful wonderful thing and I will take it any way I can get it.

3 Comments:

At 7/24/2005 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the nose ring.
i wanted to get mine done but david won't let me because his nose is pierced and he said we both can't have one. whatever.
sorry it is infected.

 
At 7/24/2005 4:52 PM, Blogger I n g e r said...

How beautiful you are! Lovely post.

 
At 8/03/2005 8:07 AM, Blogger The Beyer Family said...

Your nose ring looks very presentable! I've been contemplating getting one myself ... and hey - big feet provide a sturdy foundation. :)

I hope you readjust to work life, living back in the states, and finding time to be with the kids. I love this entry because its about *YOU*!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home