Saturday, July 23, 2005

Not your traditional burgers and potato salad...


4th of July Posted by Picasa

Okay, so I am SO far behind in this blogging thing, but working full time is taking it out of me. Seriously, this is the first time in YEARS, maybe the first time EVER that I've been in bed before 10 pm. So, that means my social life (which consists of Wal Mart trips and blogging) is pretty much non-existent.

This picture is from July 4th. We went to my brothers house and he cooked shrimp curry (and another one made with chicken, since my sister and I don't like shrimp) He is an amazing cook. This chicken curry with rice and apples and pineapple and bananas and broccoli and who knows what...seriously, SO good. He made stuffed mushrooms and shallots and his signature salad. His friend Stephanie brought homemade sangria (which Salomon said tasted like "Caca", but everybody else seemed to enjoy) My Mom made her amazing homemade Butterfinger ice cream for dessert, along with CJ's hazelnut coffee and chocolate creme brulee....man, we ate GOOD.

For days afterward, everybody seemed to ask the same question, "How was your 4th? Didjall grill some burgers?" (which translates to "did you all eat hamburgers in celebration of America's Independence?")

What a great day. Oh yeah, and there were fireworks. Lots and lots of fireworks.

2 Comments:

At 7/23/2005 10:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie Laney said...

Hey!! I would take that meal over hamburgers any day. Where are you working?

 
At 8/02/2005 12:18 AM, Blogger ret said...

Think he'd share that chicken curry recipe, or his signature salad??? Sounds yummy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home