Saturday, July 02, 2005

Little Chair


Annabelle Grace Posted by Picasa


*First a note* I've been missing for several days. I went to the town that we are planning on moving to and applied for several jobs. Dustin and I talked about it and we both agree that it might be nice if I return to work for a while. I could use the break from being home 24/7 and he loves the thought of spending more time at home. I love him so much and appreciate how perfectly he meshes with me. Anyways...that was lots of rambling to say that I may re-join the working world after a 4 year sabbatical AND that WE ARE MOVING!!! :)
I have looked at tons of apartments and we should be moving next week! :)
(insert happy dance here!!)

After 4 days and nights away from home (the longest I have EVER been away from my babies) I came home to happy happy children, who showered me with kisses and hugs and only one short lived tantrum. It has been a wonderful evening.

This chair is so cute. I wish the picture showed the legs of the chair, which are painted with bright yellows and pinks and greens and flowers and polka dots...
I painted this rocking chair for my parents for Christmas the year that I was pregnant with Annabelle. My Mom cried (of course) when I gave it to her and my Dad spent many many hours, rocking it absent-mindedly while watching TV. He would get the cutest grin on his face just thinking of rocking the little girl that would soon be sitting in it.

After Annabelle was born, I could not imagine her ever being big enough to sit in it. She was so tiny. And now, she towers over it. Her feet touch the floor when she sits in it. She can actually rock herself, without Poppy's assistance (although she still prefers that Poppy rock her). She shares it so patiently with Julian (who prefers to stand in the chair, such a little daredevil)

I love this chair. I love the little people who sit in it. I love that I've gotten to watch them grow to a point where they are big enough to sit and rock and climb and play in this chair. And I'm glad that I can do something that will allow Dustin to be home more and sit and watch them grow with me.

More updates coming soon, promise.

2 Comments:

At 7/14/2005 12:19 AM, Blogger Stephanie Laney said...

Hey, I'm glad your back. I'm sure the kids were extra glad to see you. Where are you guys moving too?

 
At 7/15/2005 10:33 AM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

So what's the job?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home