Tuesday, July 11, 2006



Annabelle is on cloud 9.

She woke up and dashed around the house, getting dressed, eating breakfast, reminding Tata, "Don't forget my bag! i need my bag!!"
She wasn't even dressed yet and was already headed out the door. She gave me a sweet hug and kiss goodbye and without hesitation, headed to school.

According to Annabelle, she was a little nervous, standing in front of the classroom as her teacher announced, "Class, we have a new student. This is Annabelle and she is four years old."

Annabelle says (every time she tells the story) "I was feeling a little bit nervous, and then a little girl came up to me and made me feel better and then I was really happy because I knew I had a very best friend."

Apparently Annabelle and her very best friend spent the entire day together, hand in hand, riding in the wagon, going down the slide, taking care of the class guinea pig, even going to the bathroom together. Girls start young with the group bathroom breaks, don't they?

I was worried mostly about nap time. She is pretty particular about the order of her bedtime routine (it's Dustin's fault, as he has spoiled her with bedtime back scratches and stories since she was very tiny).

The teacher said, "Annabelle was my BEST napper today. I told her, 'Annabelle, get your blanket and lie down on your cot, it's nap time,' and Annabelle said, "But what if somebody steals my shoes?" The teacher assured her that nobody would steal them if she stowed them underneath her cot. You would think we had stayed in a lot of dangerous homeless shelters or something, with a question like that. She was apparently comforted with the teachers answer, because she laid down and was asleep within minutes.

Annabelle said, "It was my best school day ever!" and is adamant that she go back tomorrow. It's a class field trip day to the library and she is so very excited.
And the snickerdoodle cookies at snack time is a pretty strong incentive to go back as well...

6 Comments:

At 7/12/2006 9:38 AM, Blogger Kara said...

That is too sweet! I am so glad that no one stole her shoes and that she is enjoying it so much, AND most importantly, that she found a best friend.:)

 
At 7/12/2006 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which preschool is she going to? That is very cool that she was/is so excited.

 
At 7/12/2006 9:12 PM, Blogger eMiLy said...

that is really good that she wants and enjoys going to school. i would just do the mohawk. i do thaddaeus' hair in a modern mohawk when the top gets long enough and it is always too cute. that is the only cute thing we can do with his hair.

 
At 7/12/2006 9:33 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

She is so sweet! Did she get my card?

 
At 7/13/2006 10:05 PM, Blogger I n g e r said...

Oh, what a beautiful story! SO glad she had a good start! Sounds like she's totally ready for school.

Go Annabelle!

Inger

 
At 7/18/2006 9:45 AM, Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

Hee hee. This reads like something from Junie B. Jones. I love that she wanted to make sure that her shoes wouldn't get stolen and tha she made a very best friend right off the bat.

She's a doll.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home