Wednesday, June 28, 2006

so...we moved. kind of.

did i tell you guys that we were moving? well, we just moved. well, we just started a 1 1/2 month moving process. dustin has a tour from now until mid August, so me and the kids are staying at my parents (b/c our lease was up) and then we will head to Austin, TX.

At this point, most people say, "why are you guys moving?" and I answer, "Because our lease is up." The confused look on every face leads me to believe that not everyone moves one to three times a year. Maybe we're weird?

we went to the family reunion last weekend. Julian discovered the joys of fire ants. His chubby hands were covered in them after falling into an ant pile. "it buuurrrns! it buuuurrrrns! dos bad bugs!"

annabelle fell in love with Shane's girlfriend Jacee. (shane is dustin's oldest brother) Jacee said that in the car on the way to Pizza Hut, Annabelle looked out the window and said, (not a direct quote, because Annabelle is a bit of a rambler, like her daddy)

"Star light, star bright, first star i see tonight (blah blah blah....you guys know this part, right?)
I wish for a REAL puppy of my very own...not a toy puppy but a very real puppy and bring it to me but not right now because we live in apartments and we can't have pets or they will make us move out but when we move in a little while to a house where i can have a pet, i wish for a real puppy of my very own. Thank you."

A real puppy of her very own. It truly is her heart's desire. Someday soon. Until then, Juju is our little animal.

7 Comments:

At 6/29/2006 8:13 AM, Blogger Kara said...

I love what goes through little children's minds. (well, the good stuff anyway.:)) They are so smart! Glad you guys got moved (kind of) I know the whole lease thing, it can be a blessing or a curse, but it's nice that you guys aren't 'stuck' there and are able to be somewhere different. (altough I am sad I wasn't able to meet you face to face) Maybe if we're ever in Austin.....

 
At 6/29/2006 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fell in love too! And I can't wait until you 4 (and 1/2!) move to Austin. XOXOXO
-Jaycee

 
At 6/29/2006 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! i am in San Antonio...only about an hour or so apart! So cool...Tis' Herself Girl unite!

J

 
At 6/29/2006 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO YOU'RE HERE...IN GOOD OLE MENA?! WOW! WELL US MOM-A-NATORS GET TOGETHER AND DO LUNCH, THE POOL, AND OTHER MOM/KID STUFF EACH WEEK....HOPE YOU CAN COME!
MARLEEN

 
At 6/30/2006 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to move SO badly. I hate staying in one place, but I especially hate Holland. I am currently looking for a job elsewhere!

Good luck with the move!

 
At 7/03/2006 6:14 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Sweet. I hope Bella's dreams come true soon.

 
At 7/03/2006 10:20 PM, Blogger StePHen said...

wow mindi, austin??? michael and i were just talking about it again today. who knows maybe we will really be neighbors. so cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home