Tuesday, July 04, 2006

we spent the evening at my aunt sharon's house. my aunt sharon is notorious for her homemade butterfinger ice cream. it is my absolute favorite in the world, and makes such few appearances that i attempt to eat 6 months worth at a time (while saving a little for the others who are awaiting the special treat)

Julian spent the evening chasing amy, salomon and his cousin Drew around on their 4 wheelers. he even got to ride a couple of times with Salomon and then just played on Drew's for the rest of the evening. (that is, when he wasn't destroying all of Drew's lego collection and shaking the plastic ball that contained Drew's pet hamster, Lulu. I apologized, but how far can an apology go when your son has just potentially inflicted brain damage on one's pet hamster?) i like this picture of Julian on the 4 wheeler. Juju is looking seriously cool while wearing his "I do all my own stunts" t-shirt.

we watched fireworks, but both kids were not so interested. they used the time in between lighting of the next firework to say, "watch this run!" and then ran around the yard as fast as they could, obviously burning off some nervous firework energy. finally, they retired inside to watch cartoons and annoy the hamster. (leaving me to miss all the good fireworks except for the last one, in which Drew strapped an over-sized GI Joe to a missile, which tipped over and shot straight at a bush, erupting in an on-ground explosion of pink and white crackly light)

on the way home, we saw fireworks in the distance and Julian proclaimed, "oooh, wow!" apparently fireworks are much more magical from the backseat of an Expedition, while driving through Arkansas at 60 mph.

the best part of the day (besides the ice cream...nothing trumps the ice cream) was spending a little time with Baby Jocelyn. She is just a jewel, and I'm going to be quite angry if baby #3 isn't at least as calm and easy going as baby Jocelyn is. The best part, was that when I hold baby Jocelyn, everybody else has to chase my children. I try to keep her happy for as long as possible, which isn't too hard.

here's some eye candy for you all on this happy 4th of July...

7 Comments:

At 7/05/2006 4:13 AM, Blogger eMiLy said...

that picture is adorable and just look at those lips.
she is precious.

 
At 7/05/2006 7:07 AM, Blogger Marie said...

WOW is that a cute baby :)

 
At 7/05/2006 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a peach! Silas and JuJu would get along just fine....he got to ride 4 wheelers yesterday, too! He loved it! So, when can I persuade ou to take some pics of my Silas?
Marleen

 
At 7/05/2006 8:43 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Do you remember Festus on Gunsmoke? He held one eye closed and the other open. Maybe I'll call Baby Jocelyn "Festus." What do you think Amy would think of that? Jocelyn looks incredibly squeezable.

 
At 7/06/2006 1:33 AM, Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

1. I'm totally cracking up over your G.I. Joe firecracker. Seriously.

2. Brie is also a proud owner of the "I do all my own stunts" t-shirt -- is it from Target? Gabe insisted on buying it when we came across it. There's sumpin special about kids who qualify to wear it, don't you think?

3. You are a photographer extraordinaire. I've really been checking your stuff out lately, and I'm amazed. I'm planning a lengthy e-mail out in my head that involves asking you about lenses and technical crap and suggestions and photoshop and everything. I think you are uber-talented. All of your pictures are eye candy.

 
At 7/06/2006 10:26 PM, Blogger StePHen said...

What a sweet baby, especially with those lips!

So glad that your fourth of july went well and you got to spend time with everyone. does UPS deliver ice cream? (wink wink) :)

 
At 7/14/2006 5:34 AM, Blogger eMiLy said...

ok, i know i already commented on this picture of baby jocelyn but man. it really is my favorite picture you have taken. the color and everything is just
peachy, crisp and great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home