Monday, September 04, 2006

Baked sweet potatoes

this long labor day weekend has been full of yummy food.
my brother and my dad came home for the weekend, and between CJ's pasta and pecan crusted tilapia and dad's bbq, and of course, anything that my mom makes....well, let's just say that "the baby" gained a bit of weight this week ;)

Salomon said to my Mom, "Out of all your kids, it's your son that got the cooking skills. Amy's idea of a good dinner is a scrambled egg and an Eggo Waffle!"
Amy replied, "Hey, I cook when the Schwann's man comes! Those mini pizza's are great!"
My dinner's aren't too far from that either! Dustin is definitely the cook in our family.

I think I must get my love (or lack thereof) for cooking from my grandma, "Mimi".

Mimi doesn't cook often, but she makes the most phenomenal cheeseburger in Arkansas. We dubbed them "Mimi burgers" when i was much younger, and used to beg her to open her own restaurant. For the past several years, however, Mimi's "cereal for dinner" nights have far outweighed her "cooking" nights.

One night, she got a craving for a sweet potato.
She went to the grocery store and bought two large sweet potatoes, and put them in the oven for dinner. When my grandpa, PaBob, came home, he said, "Oooohhweee Mimi, what are we having for dinner?"
Very proudly, Mimi replied, "Baked sweet potatoes, don't they smell good?"
PaBob said, "They sure do. What are we having with them?"
Without missing a beat, Mimi replied, "Well....I was thinking maybe some butter."

4 Comments:

At 9/04/2006 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum Yum! I'm sure the "baby" reaaly enjoyed all of it!

 
At 9/05/2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Kara said...

That sounds really good! How long do you cook them for??

 
At 9/05/2006 3:51 PM, Blogger Katy said...

yum
now I want a sweet potato!

 
At 9/05/2006 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can master the "mimi burger" you would have it made!!! Love You
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home