Thursday, August 10, 2006

I finally went to the doctor yesterday. First prenatal visit and i am 21 weeks pregnant. I've heard lots of nagging, even from people I don't know. So everybody be at ease, little "Treeleaf" is doing wonderfully.

The heartbeat sounded perfect, though it took a few minutes to find it as the baby was apparently wiggling around. I was afraid that he was hearing twins, but fortunately, there is a single baby in my womb and all is well. The heartbeat was a strong 154 bpm. Annabelle's was always around 155 and Julian's was always between 130's and 140's. Which makes me think that this is a little girl "Treeleaf".
We will hopefully find out within the month.

I've only gained 3 pounds, but to look at my belly, you would think it was a lot more than that. Okay, i'm lying. What I should have said was, "to look at my BUTT, you would think it was a lot more than that."

Dustin left for Austin today. We had lots of discussion this week, over moving vs. staying, but in the end, we both knew it would be better for us to move. I will be sad to leave, but for strange reasons.

#1 i love my doctor. After having Julian, I told Dustin I wanted to have a third child, just to use Dr. R again. I was still a little wacked out from those endorphins. Apparently, God took me seriously.

#2 the hospital just renovated and built a huge, gorgeous new women's facility with birthing suites and i was looking foward to experiencing agonizing, horrific pain in the comfort of a suite the size of our old apartment. Not to mention the comfortable leather couches that could easily seat 50 of my closest friends, while watching me in the most embarrassing positions possible. Anybody up for watching me use a bedpan? Come on, it could be fun, right?

#3 i love this area in the fall. it's my favorite season ever, and there's nothing like driving up the mountain in November, with a mug of hot chocolate and a book. I know there's going to be lots to love in Austin, but i miss my hometown in the fall.

Things I'm really excited about:
*a 3 bedroom apartment. we so need it.
*ACL next month!!!! the tickets are in my bag right now and everytime i open my purse to search for money that isn't there, i smile at my ACL tickets. who needs to buy diapers when you are going to get to see Willie Nelson next month, right??
*my first 4 "Friends and Family" photo sessions are this weekend. I'm pretty excited and hope everything goes well. Tomorrow is the last day that I can book any more sessions (due to moving date) so email me ASAP if you are interested.

good night :)

7 Comments:

At 8/11/2006 8:21 AM, Blogger Kara said...

We are looking forward to tomorrow and me, to finally meeting you!:)

 
At 8/11/2006 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can;t wait for tonight's pictures!! I think I'll wear my Looney Toons sweatshirt and stone washed jeans!

Marleen

 
At 8/12/2006 9:26 AM, Blogger The Beyer Family said...

Oh, I can't wait to find out what you're having. I was on pins and needles until I found out. So glad everything sounds and looks good and that regardless of how your butt looks, you've only gained 3 lbs! :) I've gained at least 12.

Good luck with your move - I hope it all turns out great and that you find a wonderful 3 bedroom apt.

 
At 8/12/2006 8:07 PM, Blogger Ty and Meg said...

Good Luck with the move!

I am glad your treeleaf is doing well. I'd love to see some preg pictures...

Love ya!
Megan

 
At 8/14/2006 3:12 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

How did the photo sessions go?

 
At 8/14/2006 7:49 PM, Blogger amazing grace said...

I am soooo excited for you mindi!!!
:)

and I am so excited about your photography biz and logo! you have inspired me to start thinking about that....

leah
mom to gracen

 
At 8/20/2006 9:51 AM, Blogger StePHen said...

how exciting. so much going on with you. i cant believe you are more than half way through the pregnancy. sweet little tealeaf :)

michael and i were just talking (again) about moving to austin when he finishes school... several things seem to be moving us in that direction. we'll see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home