Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Red and Blue

Today Bella and I started working on a pre-schooler workbook, and the first page was colors. She knows most of her colors, so I was going to skip over it, but instead, I gave her a red crayon and let her color all the pictures of apples and strawberries and Valentine's hearts. Then she traced over the letters "r-e-d". I explain that they spell "red" and point to each letter. We do this a few times and within a minute, my little girl is identifying and spelling RED. She's a stinking genius, I tell you. So, for fun, we move on to the BLUE page. She takes the blue crayon and colors the blueberries, blue jeans, and blue tennis shoes. We do the same tracing and spelling of "b-l-u-e" and before too long, she is recognizing and spelling the word BLUE! I am so excited. Hours later, she is still spelling on command.

This is quite exciting for me. I love to watch her learn. I love to teach her things. She is so eager. I hope she keeps this love for knowledge forever. I hope it never becomes boring or burdensome.

1 Comments:

At 3/23/2005 11:37 AM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

With a mother like you, she will be a lifelong learner. Way to go.

Love, v

 

Post a Comment

<< Home