Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Painting rocks


painting rocks Posted by Hello

After painting Easter eggs, I got the itch to paint. I'm not a fancy painter, most of my art is something that any child could replicate, but that's what appeals to me. I like colorful daisies and uneven butterflies and stars and swirls and polka dots on everything. I was so disappointed that I didn't bring any canvas with me, and then I noticed something perfect....the rocks that Annabelle was collecting.

We made a very special trip to her favorite rock pile and carried all that we could hold to our house. We gave the rocks a bath, then let them dry overnight. I decided to paint inspirational words, words that give me energy when I hear them. Annabelle set out to paint our family, but as her rock was only 2 inches wide, settled for blobs of blue and pink and orange. She said, "It's because we are pink and orange, right?" Sure, babe, we're pink and orange.

I'm out of rocks, and have about 50 more words to add to the inspirational rock pile, so we'll be taking another trip for more rocks to bathe and dry and paint...wonder if Dustin is going to be able to find packing room in the car for these things? We may have to leave them and let this be our artistic contribution to Mexico.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home