Monday, April 18, 2005

poop tales


Yuck me out Posted by Hello

Since Bella has been potty trained, she has taken an extreme interest in kids that still wear diapers. Every small child that she meets she must know if they poo poo in their diaper or in the potty. She is particularly critical of Julian.

Yesterday, Julian had just done his little job for the second time that morning, and Bella got a whiff...
"Oh JUJU!!! THAT"S DISGUSTING!!!!!"
I look at Dustin and say, "your turn".
Then I hear Bella's raging voice say,
"Juju, you really YUCK me out!"

I tried so hard not to laugh. It was a hilarious way of wording her disgust, but so sad for Juju. Dustin had a talk with her about how Julian is a baby, and still uses a diaper...just like SHE used to use, and on and on. I thought it had sunk in, until today.
Julian was smelling pretty ripe, playing in their bedroom and Bella smelled him.
"Mama, GET HIM OUTTA HERE! Gross!!!"

Looks like another lesson on manners is in order...

1 Comments:

At 4/18/2005 10:24 AM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

I haven't had a baby in diapers in some time. Now when I get a sniff of a ripe diaper, I too want to say, "Yuck, get him outta here." The difference in Bella and me is that she can get away with this rudeness, I cannot. Recently I had a toddler playing all over me and his diaper was ripe. The mother said, "It's so nice to have someone around who's had so many babies that that smell doesn't make em sick." I smiled politely. On the inside I was thinking, "Yuck, get him outta here."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home