Friday, February 17, 2006

Retail Therapy

so i'm feeling a bit better. I've downgraded from flu to sinus headaches or something like that. i feel like nothing but screwdrivers through my eyes will make me feel better, but the body ache and nausea is virtually over.

so i have a theory as to what helped me get better so much more quickly than normal.

Retail Therapy.

I'm not a big shopper. It's hard to be when you have no money. But with the prospect of a income tax return coming my way in a week or so...I've become a "self healer". Target and I have become reacquainted and I've discovered a new lovely little place called Pac Sun. It's a surf wear store, and although I'm not a surfer, or anything close (i live in freaking Arkansas) I LOVE this store. I shopped on my lunch break the other day, dreaming of my Florida trip. (actually I was mourning my Hawaii trip that I won't be taking come April, but also dreaming of my Florida trip) I ended up buying two totally sensible purchases. Well, I've justified them as sensible, because my zipper partially broke on my purse/dayplanner thingy. And I just HAD to have these.

So I got this (new bag and closeup of fabric)




















and then I got this cute Roxy wallet to go with it















All I need now is a new pair of flip flops and I should be set for Florida. Speaking of which, I booked my flight today!!! :) Wooo hoo! I'm looking at the flying thing as a fun adventure that I never get to do and I am going to be fine. I mean, I am one of the safest people to fly with, right? What are the odds of getting into TWO plane accidents? Huge odds, right? So I'm going to be fine. So, where do I get GOOD drugs? Like the kind that knock you out so that if the plane did blow up, I would never know? I would just wake up in Heaven and think, "wow, why have I not visited Florida earlier? It's awesome here"

Sooooo, stepping away from the plane crash images....I also shopped a bit for Bella at Target. She is the funnest person to shop for. She loves ANYTHING that I buy for her to wear, she has the perfect little girl body, and everything looks adorable on her. So I got her a little peach dress with pink polka dots and a pink cardigan to wear over it, and this other outfit that is too adorable to describe. I will post a pic later. She is napping, and it would be terribly rude to wake her for my selfish purposes. But Juju is awake....he would look ridiculously cute in her new dress...he did wear her yellow flowery pj pants to bed last night. Poor boy...

I better go... I need more Benadryl.
Love Love Love

3 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 6:04 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Sounds like fun. Wish I were heading to Florida soon (or Hawaii). You should tell us about your previous airplane crash. We'd love to hear about it.

 
At 2/17/2006 7:18 PM, Blogger deby said...

Glad your getting better. It is supposed to hit zero tonight - I think somewhere warm sounds very nice right now......

 
At 2/17/2006 9:24 PM, Blogger Kara said...

Glad you are feeling better! CUTE, FUN retail therapy. I did some of that myself this evening. Got some new cowboy boots that were on sale. My other ones have bit the dust.
Anywhoo, glad you are better and can't wait to see Bella's new digs. Haven and I love that Target stuff, the girl clothes are the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home