Monday, March 20, 2006

rainy day



it was so drizzly and cold yesterday, but bella made me stick to my word and take her to the park to take pictures. i didn't get to take her "4 year old" pictures, but she got to take lots with her new camera. she is so good, seriously. she photographed a gumball machine, a flower bed that surrounded a tree, a creek of water, some acorns that she found on the ground, a video game machine, our pizza at pizza hut. she is so creative and anytime that i pointed out something that she could take a picture of, she contemplated it for a bit and said, "no. maybe you can take a picture of that with YOUR camera." she does not waste film.

last night, the 4 of us were wrestling on the floor and dustin and i got a little rough, figure fours and all those other cool wrestling moves. at one point, it looked pretty bleak for me. julian abandoned me, bella was watching from a safe place, and dustin was sitting on my chest, tickling me and declaring himself "the winner". the thing is, (and you can ask my brother) i have really flexible legs. in one fatal swoop, i wrapped my leg around dustin's head and pinned him to the floor and proceeded to kick him with my other leg. dustin was begging for mercy and before either of us knew what happened, bella had her camera out and was snapping away. i hope she got a good one, of the night mommy kicked daddy's booty. she's definitely mommy's girl. :)

by the way, is it weird that julian likes to walk around the house in my heels? i don't even like to wear heels, but he just loves them. he must get that from his sissy daddy. hee hee.

5 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 3:15 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

All the men I love wear heels. hehe

 
At 3/21/2006 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how awesome is that. i love that she takes pictures at such a young age!

 
At 3/23/2006 8:07 PM, Blogger Misty said...

it's only going to be wierd if you make it wierd, and then he'll do it in the future just because you made it wierd. by the way, interesting all the feedback you got regarding the outer appearance business. it seems to be a hot button, but still no one does anything about what the media is doing to our kids. we've started buying any and every product dove sells because they features size 6-26 in their ads with the slogo, "It's easy to firm up the thighs of a size 2 supermodel, for the rest of us, there's dove"

 
At 3/24/2006 12:16 AM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Hey what's wrong with un-firm thighs? Futhermore I never knew washing with Dove would help my thigh condition. I hate my thighs. Good thing my stomach covers 'em. :-)

 
At 3/26/2006 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is great that you give her a camera. I can't wait to buy my boy his first camera, it will probably be an ebay purchase, but I am sure he will love it. It is so great to nurture our kids creativity. I wish I had more art in my life when I was little. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home