Monday, February 20, 2006

Train. A word I hear about 50,000 times a day. Julian loves trains. We have a Magna Doodle that I draw trains on for him. Mine are way better than the trains Dustin draws. Julian brings me the Magna Doodle with Dustin's train on it and thrusts it into my hands and says, "Draw a GOOD train." (though not as clearly expressed as that. more like "draagudTWAIN")

Today we are in the living room watching PBS. The previews tell us (with no music or pictures indicating to my kids) that Thomas the Train is coming up next. Dustin says, "I bet we will hear the word "T-R-A-I-N" in the next 10 seconds." We stare at Julian and as the theme music for Thomas comes on, Julian glances at us and tries so hard to hold it in. But he can't. "twain", he whispers, very quietly to himself. We laugh. I continue counting the seconds. "8,9,10...." When I hit eleven, Julian throws his tiny fists into the air and screams "TWAIN!!!!! TWAIN!!!! TWAIN!!!!"
Edited to add: I forgot to add Bella's response. She looked at me after Julian yelled Train, and said, "Mama, he can say Pee Pee too."
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 2/20/2006 8:03 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Sweet! Both of the pictures of him are adorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home