Wednesday, March 08, 2006

"Truck"

So I've mentioned that Julian is making progress with his speech. It's still not at all understandable to anybody but those that are around him a lot. He talks very very fast, like a mix between Spanish, Robot, and Gibberish. My brother, the family psychologist, thinks it is because we moved to Mexico during the most critical period for language development. Interesting.

Because of his delay, I find myself having to go over some of the most basic things with him.
For instance, I can explain to him why hitting Mommy is wrong, and that he is in trouble, and he totally understands. He will hug me and pat my back.

But it's like pulling teeth to get him to say "Daddy". "Mama" he says almost as much as he says "Train", but Daddy, Bella, Poppy, it all comes out the same. "Mo-mo" Everybody is Mo-mo.

Tonight, I sat him in my lap and Bella sat beside us in the recliner. I did a little name recognition game, similar to Goonies "Me Chunk, You Sloth"

I touched Julian's chest with his hand and said, "Julian" I did the same to Bella and said "Bella" and finally to myself and said ,"Mama".







Then I said, "Julian, who's that?" and he said "Bella" and touched her head.
Then I said, "Who am I?" and he said, "Mama" and slapped my nose.
Finally I put his hand on his chest and said, "What's your name?" and he said, "Truck."

We're raising quite the manly little boy. So manly, that he insists on being called Truck.

4 Comments:

At 3/08/2006 6:25 AM, Blogger Phyllis RenĂ©e said...

When my nephew was about 4 years old, he insisted on being called apple juice . . . everything was apple juice! I think "Truck" is a better name for a boy :o)

 
At 3/08/2006 4:26 PM, Blogger Misty said...

Hmmm, sounds like a good one. Perhaps baby number 4....Bear and Truck... I like it. (the word verification this time was mguyfou, what does that make you think)

 
At 3/08/2006 7:53 PM, Blogger amazing grace said...

awww....'bella and truck'.....how cute!

thanks for the laugh...i needed one....

btw..love the cute pic of your sister--"jocelyn was here."

very cute

 
At 4/08/2006 1:10 AM, Blogger healthedu said...

wow

great blog
great names

 

Post a Comment

<< Home