Monday, June 05, 2006

<---dustin made pitas last night. apparently they were tasty. :)



it's been a busy week. i went to Bella Vista and took some bridal portraits for Sarah a couple of days ago. She and Ty are getting married this weekend and have asked me to photograph their wedding. It's my first, so I'm pretty nervous, but also really excited.

Sarah is gorgeous and photographing her was like working with a model. I never had to pose or direct her (although one of her friends did, she was hilarious. She'd be like, "Okay, Sarah you stand here and do this with your veil and Mindi, can you lie on the ground, upside down and take the picture from this angle?" I was like, "Sure!" It was a lot of fun and took a lot of pressure off of me to think of creative poses!)

With her permission, I'll post some of their pictures after this weekend. They are really gorgeous and I'm pretty proud of them.

We also got a rough due date this week...Christmas Day. fun fun :)
i keep having dreams that i'm having twins. last night it was twin boys. i woke up really frightened.

9 Comments:

At 6/05/2006 11:01 PM, Blogger Misty said...

okay, so i don't know if you ever got my comment, but apparently with all that talk about due dates...you are ya know....neato. Congratulations!!!! I had dreams not nightmares of twins and have been thoroughly disappointed each time. At the end of my c-section with Willow I looked at Clay and asked, "Did he even check to make sure there wasn't another one???" I can't wait to see you at the wedding.

 
At 6/06/2006 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Christmas! My sister's birthday is on Christmas, it just means more presents and CAKE! Good luck on your wedding, and your right, any cake that comes from a $27 cake pan better be good!
~Marleen

 
At 6/06/2006 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misty Scroll down to her May Blog for the Announcement Really Cute---!!!!!

 
At 6/06/2006 3:23 PM, Blogger Misty said...

i hope the wedding isn't stressful, though as the photographer i can't imagine how it won't be. as far as annabelle and blueberries. we only have about a total of 6-10 blueberries this year. you're supposed to pick all the fruit of the first 2 years. this is their 2nd year, so next year we'll have some fruit for her. this year, it's just squash, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, a few carrots, onions and watermelon, canteloupe and cucumbers, and of course okra. we'll probably plant some corn this week too and pumpkins for the fall.
Misty

 
At 6/06/2006 7:31 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Mindi, don't you think Misti's life sounds just too cute? I do. Now about your little Christmas bundle. You really should have asked for my opinion. I have always felt sorry for Christmas birthday people. I think they get the shaft. But no, you did your own thing (wink, wink) never asking mey advise. I'm sure you'll find a way to make your little blessing have a wonderful birthday every year.

 
At 6/07/2006 12:32 PM, Blogger I n g e r said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Congratulations on the new baby (or babies--heehee!)

Inger

 
At 6/07/2006 12:36 PM, Blogger I n g e r said...

P.S. Your photography reminds me of my brother-in-law's. He does weddings, among other stuff; very photojournalistic, like yours. Look:

www.pappasphotography.com

Proof that you should be getting paid, dear.

Inger

 
At 6/09/2006 2:32 PM, Blogger Kara said...

Yep, it's true. I haven't announced it to the WWW just yet b.c of our history in the past with pregnancies, but we are very excited. I was just thinking how we are pretty close in due date. I will be 11 weeks this coming Tuesday. My official due date is January 7th, but we are going to have it at the end of December (unless it decides to come sooner) b.c of the whole deductible thing.:) We are very excited!!! Thank you for your prayaers--:) I am praying for your #3:)

 
At 6/22/2006 12:39 AM, Blogger StePHen said...

from pitas to wedding picture taking to special xmas presents it looks like life is full of all kinds of good stuff.

so glad to hear about all this...

you are in my thoughts :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home