Tuesday, January 10, 2006

so i got my new lens :)


so i got my new lens :) (thank you Kris!!! :) Can you believe this woman still had the original packaging, down to the fitted styrofoam it was packed in??? I'm impressed)

i haven't had much daylight to take the kids outside for new photos, but i have some late night indoor shots of sleepy kids, unshaven Dustin (who has forbidden me from posting any pics on the blog without prior approval) and a cute little heart shaped cereal. :) (Kashi's Heart to Heart, for any of you interested. The kids love it, and it's like a healthier, sweeter, crunchier Cheerio)

I like how you can see Dustin's face, sideways in the spoons reflection. :)

I also got my upgrade to Photoshop CS2, a couple of books (Bryan Peterson's "Understanding Exposure" and Scott Kelby's "The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographer's" )

Waiting on my new flash to arrive, and by then....I should have no excuse as to why there aren't more pictures on my blog :) Yahoo for Christmas money!!!! :)

My Julian turns two in a couple of weeks. My brother, CJ turns 24 on Sunday. We're having a combo party at our place, so if you're in the neighborhood next Sunday, stop by :)

I'll leave you with a photo of Bella, my baby model. She is the easiest child to photograph. I say, hey Bella, put your thumbs in your pockets, and show me a baby model face. She gives me this. She also gave me one with a sweet smile, but i kind of liked this one better. She looks at pictures of other photographer's children (on blogs I visit) and says, "What is her name? Is she a baby model too? "



















Here is a typical shot of Julian, upset. (well, a typical shot that doesn't involve him, a sippy cup of soy milk and a movie watching gaze). We welcome Julian's two's with nervous anticipation. He may start talking, but I'm not sure we're ready to hear what he has to say. :)

2 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you got the lens. I'm sure you're having fun playing with it. So happy it went to a good home. :)

Can't wait to see more pictures!!!

 
At 1/10/2006 3:42 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Congrats on the new lens. Yes, Bella is a wonderful model. Oh yeah, I like the new look of your blog. Very refreshing. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home