Friday, February 17, 2006

oh yeah, a few more things...

I LOVE Grey's Anatomy. I was advised to watch last weeks show, and I hate to start new shows, mid-season. But it was amazing. And luckily, Season 1 came out on DVD Feb. 14th....so I'm at least caught up with some of the background. And I hate medical shows. They usually gross me out. But this one has just enough medical garb, and doesn't show too much blood/guts stuff.

Secondly, I am finally reading The Time Traveler's Wife. Crazy and intriguing and fascinating. Lovely story to be reading in this month of LOVE. :)

Bella had so much fun on Balentime's Day, that she has been telling me Happy Balentime's Day like a hundred times this week. It's precious. We watched Charlie Brown's Valentine special, made cookies, got new books, and a fun Lovey package from Tata, including a little moola. We're going to take it and go see the new Curious George movie at the theater and have a family date night. :) I hope it is great. We love Will Ferrell, Drew Barrymore (the voices) and Jack Johnson does most (if not all) of the soundtrack. How great is that???

Watched Elizabethtown at Mom's. Very cute movie. And watched In Her Shoes. Other than the first 30 minutes of depressing storyline, it turned out to be really really good. (did I already review this one for you guys? I can't remember)

Stopped by Hobby Lobby yesterday to buy a new pen, and found that they had 50% off ALL rub-ons, rubber stamps and ink pads, Albums, paper punches, paper packs....oh man, it was hard to resist. So i didn't!!! Dustin's probably going to be mad when our tax return comes back and it all goes to pay the credit card bill from this weeks "retail therapy". :) ooopsie.

UPDATE: I just got back from taking the kids to the movie. Dustin is sick and yucky in bed, and since who knows when i'll get another day off, I took them alone, which was quite a daring feat. Julian is so unpredictable, but it turned out really well. Julian kept yelling "Mun-key!!!!" loudly enough to be heard, but not embarrassing. Bella almost cried when George got separated from the man in the yellow hat. I did too... to tell the truth. Those sad little brown monkey eyes.

After it was over, we walked outside to LOTS of sleet. We ran to our car (ALL the way across the parking lot to the spillover parking lot) and after we got in, we had to clean the ice out of our hair. The roads were dangerously slick (we slid a couple of times, and drove 45 the rest of the way home) but we made it safe and sound. All in all, a pretty nice day off.

3 Comments:

At 2/18/2006 1:02 AM, Blogger eMiLy said...

i miss hobby lobby soooooo bad!
i always come out of there with a buggy
full of stuff. we can not wait for curious george. we will have to continue to wait though since we get movies months after they come out in the states.

 
At 2/18/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Man, I wish we had Hobby Lobby. Everyone I talk to down there goes on and on about Hobby Lobby, and I'm jealous. Congratulations on the sleet and snow. I know how ya'll just live for celebrations like this. We are heading to the library now. Have a great day.

 
At 2/19/2006 9:16 PM, Blogger sjobs said...

Everyone tells me what a wonderful show Grey's Anatomy is. I think I need to start watching it.

I enjoyed your run down on the movies. I do want to see Curious George and In Her Shoes. I loved the book.

Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home